No announcement yet.

such a relief!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chayote - There are only three communities in our County that have a shared septic system like ours. I don't think the County would approve any more. Waterfront lots are a premium and in order to sell them the developer had to do something. We actually purchased our 3 acre lot back in 1983 and sat on it for years. In 1996 we built a new all brick home and used this house as a weekend house for six years as we lived in Northern Virginia during the week. In 2003 we decided to sell our Northern Virginia house after 27 years, put it on the market and was sold in three days. Believe me, the new buyers had a 'move in condition' house with all sorts of upgrades. As for maintenance, we now hire a lawn care company to trim and fertilize. My husband still enjoys mowing the grass which takes two hours on a 60 inch mowing deck tractor. Shrub maintenance includes a 66 foot parterre out front which is absolutely my favorite part of our yard. There are about 500 boxwoods that form a pattern and on Google maps you can see it from the overhead picture. It is pretty unique for sure.

Comment

Vera, your gardens are absolutely beautiful. It's a garden to admire and at the same time being thankful that I don't have to look after it...
      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

I don't consider A/C a luxury - I consider it absolutely essential. In the summer I have mine on 24/7. It is in my living room window so I have a fan down the hall facing into my bedroom.

Comment

Working...
        X