Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The sun is shining so bright and it is wonderful. The high today of 40 and the low of 25. A beautiful day.

I am solo so will have minestrone soup from the freeze.

What will be your evening meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Minestrone soup is my favourite... wish I was there to share!

We also ate from the freezer tonight. We both had curried sausages... I had rice and John had potato.

It was a warmish day and we didn't do anything. Just bummed around the house looking at what I should have been doing.

I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Another pretty day!
      Hubby is off with his buddies to watch a hockey game and all food and booze is included.
      I'm so excited! I bought myself a little steak to fry up along with some mushrooms and a Greek salad. I'm also going to make a cherry cheesecake this aft for dessert
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Hubs and I left at 8 am and just got home at 5. We hit the thrift stores, went to the Asian grocer in Cleveland. I had my first Bhan Mi sandwich and it was fabulous! I can see how it would be an acquired taste, but I threw caution to the wind and loaded up on carbs today. I actuallly had half the sandwich, then went to Galluccis and got the eggplant parm sandwich and had half of that. Hit some more thrift stores in Ashtabula, then stopped at a new Mexican bakery that just opened near us, got some churros and other cakes. Now I am ready for a nap.

Comment

We love Bhan Mi sandwiches and burgers Muz (we make them all the time). Were having French Dips and XL fries.

Comment

We have been busy today. We moved all the furniture off and pulled out the huge area rug that was in our living room, scrubbed all the terrazzo under it, and now were putting it all back together with the new rug I ordered from Ruggable. Tomorrow Ill finish scrubbing the rest of it. Were both pretty wiped out this afternoon.

We were going to go out but decided we were too messy and tired. Sourdough French toast, bacon and eggs is dinner tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
              Hit some more thrift stores in Ashtabula,
              What kind of things to you look for in thrift stores, muzette? I like going to op shops in country areas and I usually look for old coloured glass bottles and Biggles books. Some of them have potted cuttings from succulent plants and it's a good way of getting a big variety in the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                We moved all the furniture off and pulled out the huge area rug that was in our living room, scrubbed all the terrazzo under it, and now were putting it all back together with the new rug I ordered from Ruggable. Tomorrow Ill finish scrubbing the rest of it. Were both pretty wiped out this afternoon.
                I just looked at the Ruggable website. Which design did you get, Charlene?

Comment

We got the EMPERADOR MARBLE RUG in the metal and stone collection in 8x10. The nice thing is I can order a different top if I want to change it up a bit for a different color scheme. Pretty slick system!

Comment

nice choice, Charlene. I love it! It is a good system and I like that spilled liquids are not a problem. Being able to buy different tops means you can have one for Summer and one for Winter...

Comment

There are some really strange ones under Coastal rugs... second row down looks like blue version of the Shroud of Turin.

Comment

Working...
                      X