Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What two things are you willing to pay more for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What two things are you willing to pay more for?

Mine are good shoes and TP. What are yours?

I assume TP stands for toilet paper ?

Comment

Iím with Smokey on this too, good shoes and good toilet paper. There are many other things too.

Comment

I am with Charlene , too many things to mention. Yes, I only buy good shoes and definitely not online. Depending on how the shoe is made, I may need different sizes. So I only buy shoes directly from a local store. Same with purses. Cottonelle TP for us , my Costco store does not carry it, so I get it at my grocery store.
        I have learned over the years that you get what you pay for. In other words you buy cheap stuff, you get cheap quality and it won't last.

Comment

Things I pay extra for...

1. Shoes... I need orthopedic shoes for myself, Hush Puppies for John and I buy Skechers shoes for Immy

2. Bread... recently started buying bread from Bakers Delight rather than supermarket bread

3. Toilet paper... I buy Quilton 3 ply

4. Butter... I prefer to pay for pure butter rather than a dairy blend

5. Milk... some supermarkets have more expensive milk and the extra money goes directly to the farmers who are struggling with the drought

6. Electricity... which is very expensive in Australia but I refuse to have an account with the cheapest companies because they are all owned by overseas shareholders. The one I use is owned by the Tasmanian government and the profits stay in Australia.
          I get more housework done in 10 minutes before someone comes over than I do in a week!

Comment

I'm the odd one out. I've been sitting here and can't really think of anything. I buy everything I can on clearance, on sale or cheapest. I mean I don't buy everything generic , but I only buy name brand stuff if it is on sale. I own one pair of shoes. They are walking shoes from Big 5 store that I buy when they are on sale for $19.00 And I have a pair of slide sandals that I got from the Van's outlet years and years ago when they had them on clearance and also had buy one get one free. And on the subject of tp, I almost always buy the Scott 1000 sheet per roll. I will wait till the large packages are on sale and use coupons if I have them and stock up. It gets used up so fast in our house that the name brand ones with 180 to 260 sheets per roll end up having to be changed everyday. It can get expensive.

Comment

I am a cheapo also, toilet paper gets flushed so I am going to save my money! I do think I probably spend a bit much on my kitchen toys.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                I am with Charlene , too many things to mention. Cottonelle TP for us , my Costco store does not carry it, so I get it at my grocery store.
                Cottonelle for us too! Funny story...several years ago when I became office manager at Hoodman, one of my duties was making sure all the bathrooms were stocked with TP. Toilet paper snob that I am, I made sure all three were stocked with Cottonelle, where the previous manager bought some nasty one ply that was like sandpaper. One young man that worked there thanked me profusely for the upgrade, told me that now he didnít have to wait until he got home to go potty!

Comment

Well that exactly is the problem with cheap one ply toilet paper. It is cheap but you wind up having to use more to get the job done, so where is the savings ?

Comment

I agree - I don't buy the junk toilet paper like many stores put in their bathrooms. I find it irritating to say the least. I also just buy Bounty Paper Towels. Other brands don't feel right to me and too papery feeling.

Comment

Chayote, I have never seen 3 ply TP. Sabine, you are right about using more. The paper in public restrooms is ridiculously thin and extremely narrow. I have seen some that must be 2 inches wide.

Comment

I buy Costco brand TP - good quality. It's only me here so I make sure I get what comforts I can afford. I recently tried a new brand of milk. I figured there is no way milk can taste that much different that it would make me pay more. I was wrong. I now buy Lactantia PurFilter.

Comment

Totally agree on the TP, shoes and milk! Rubelishous: we have switched over to Natrel 1% milk and can so taste the difference
                          would like to add a good bra to the list.....I go to specialty shop and get properly fitted, expensive but so worth it. Happy girls
                          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
                            Chayote, I have never seen 3 ply TP. Sabine, you are right about using more. The paper in public restrooms is ridiculously thin and extremely narrow. I have seen some that must be 2 inches wide.
                            smokey, it gets even better than that... This is the one I buy now:

https://shop.coles.com.au/wcsstore/C.../5/3055257.jpg

but this week I decided to try the best of the range... 4 ply! It works out to about 75c per roll and I do believe that our bottoms are worth that much... *LOL*

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....kL._SX425_.jpg
                            I get more housework done in 10 minutes before someone comes over than I do in a week!

Comment

This thread was so funny!! I've used Scott TP (super thin) since I was a kid. We had a septic system, as we did when I was grown and gone, and Scott will dissolve in your septic tank. The thick stuff causes way more problems. Now that I'm living with a roommate, who did NOT grow up with Scott, I'm very judicious about how many squares I take.

That said ... I love good cheese. HAHAHA
                              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Working...
                              X