Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 16th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is partly sunny with a high of 35 and the low of 24.

Dinner is up in the air.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Making a pot of 15 bean soup and a pork stew today. Wish I had thought to pick up a box of honey/wheat bread for the bread machine. Also starting a huge pot of spaghetti sauce for lasagna tomorrow.

Comment

sounds good AngID!
      we are going to Legion for awards night....roast beef dinner with all the trimmings
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Itís warm today! High 70ís with a feels like of low 80ís and super low humidity, about 10%. Iíve been on my continuing quest to purge files and get rid of stuff we really donít need to keep, and Iím making some headway. Better still, Iíve finally got Ken motivated to do the same with a lot of his superfluous cr@p too, YAY!

Weíre going to Lazy Dog Restaurant for dinner tonight.

Comment

nope. not going to Legion now. Hubby has refused to go. He heard thru the grapevine that he is being presented with an award for some help he has given over the year. He set up a haunted house for the kids on Halloween, and has been plowing out their parking lot all winter. Had been mentioned sometime ago that he was more than happy to help when needed, but didn't want to be recognized for it. So, now we are staying home. Can't change his mind
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Sorry about that Mudder. He should be happy to be recognized for his helping out. But Iím the same way. Iíd probably stay home too. LOL

Weíre making the Boars Head version of Ruebens and Irish Potatoes. Mom will have salad and French bread pizza again, she wouldnt touch a Rueben with a ten foot pole!

Comment

Bean - Has your Mom ever had a Rueben??? On rye bread - nothing better. It just melts in your mouth when properly made. Maybe she doesn't like sauerkraut?? (could substitute cole slaw). I love them. Wish you could convince her to just take one bite and if she doesn't like it then fine. Who doesn't like a Rueben???

Comment

Vera, she would never ever even try it. My family is the pickiest ever! I love having them over but planning a menu is far from easy. Really is like feeding picky children! Iím not a huge fan of sauerkraut but Boars Head makes theirs mild, I can deal with that. We picked up the King Soopers lite rye for the sandwiches. They had samples at the store and we knew we had to make. More Irish kibble tomorrow!

Comment

Rinsing the sauerkraut also helps with the taste of it.

Comment

Sabine - Yes, I always rinse my sauerkraut but forgot to mention that.

Comment

Bean, I fry a sliced sweet onion until it is soft - not brown - and add it to the kraut. Really makes a difference.

Comment

Great ideas, thanks! Iíll rinse for sure and try the onion! That sounds good!

Comment

Working...
                        X