Easter Plans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Plans?

We are going to my younger daughter's house. Don't know any more than that.
    What will you be doing? Any Easter Egg hunters in the group?

Going to my daughters and son in law's ranch for Easter lunch with other family members.
    I am taking a honey baked ham and make potato salad . Other family members are making other side dishes and desserts. Weather is supposed to be good, warm, so we are all looking forward to a
    good day. No Easter egg hunts for us, no more small grandkids.

Comment

I 'think', at this point we are having our meal as a late lunch on Sunday. I'm going to cook the turkey, and maybe ham as well, on Saturday, makes cheesy potato casserole on Sunday morning. The kids will be in & out over the wknd. no special plans, just taking it easy.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

We’re taking it easy here too. Just running on burn out and don’t feel like entertaining. We’ll make our Champagne ham and 7 layer salad. Not sure what else. Just simple.

Comment

Bean, I haven't made a seven layer salad in years. What is in yours?
          Sabine, we used to hide the eggs in odd places like the car bumper. Bumpers are no more. Our kids would then hide them for us to find.

Comment

Here you go Smokey.

7 Layer Salad

1/2 bowl shredded lettuce
            1/2 cup chopped Celery
            1 green or red pepper, chopped
            1 sweet onion, chopped
            1 pkg. frozen peas, cooked & cooled (do first to cool)
            1 pt. mayo
            3 T. sugar
            1/2 lb. . bacon, fried crisp
            Parmesan cheese

Fill bowl 1/2 full of shredded lettuce. Make a layer of the next four ingredients. Mix sugar with mayo and spread on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, crumble bacon on top. DO NOT STIR. Cover well and let sit overnight in the fridge. Serve without stirring.

*I sometimes shredded carrots (Scott loves those).

Comment

oh my gosh. I have totally forgot about this recipe....I may make this to go with our Easter meal. Thanks Bean
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I forgot about it also. What a great salad along with some ham, grilled chicken or whatever protein you like. It also is just so inviting and pretty in a glass bowl. I second the "Thanks Bean".
                Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                He drew a circle that shut me out.
                But love and I had the wit to win,
                We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

You are most welcome girls.

Yes, LTB, I bought a glass bowl many years ago just for this salad. Only way to present it!

Comment

Thanks, Bean!!!

Comment

Our original plans meant we would be in Adelaide spending Easter with my daughter, son-in-law and Andrew but as you know, Andrew was given chickenpox by a visiting child. He was vomiting all night and is not very well at all. Poor little boy...

We will be home for Easter on our own and putting everything in place for us to drive to Adelaide in the second week of May. We will spend Mothers' Day, my birthday and Andrew's birthday (3) together.
                      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Hopefully Master Andrew will feel so much better by Easter as the chickenpox virus last about 10-14 days. He will probably be in the itching stage or hopefully over them totally.

I think that is a wonderful idea of spending the 3 specials occasions together. What a fun time that will be with several celebrations and lots of memory making for everyone. I am so happy you have something that you can be planning ahead for and offset the disappointment of not going now.

Pictures please!!
                        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                        He drew a circle that shut me out.
                        But love and I had the wit to win,
                        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Oh, Chayote. Poor Andrew. Nice that you can have Mother's Day and birthday celebrations to look forward too.

Comment

To. Hate it when autocorrect does that.

Comment

Thank you my friends... we are looking forward to seeing them all. Andrew is not having a party for his birthday but he will definitely have cake.

My daughter's school friend who they have always stayed in close contact has two little boys. It was the youngest boy's 2nd birthday yesterday. He is such a little dare devil. He could climb onto the kitchen counter by the time he was 8 months old. Yesterday he climbed the dividing fence at his house and suddenly disappeared over the top. He was rushed to hospital with suspected neck and head injuries which he fortunately didn't have. He did, however, have two broken arms. Poor little kid... I know it won't stop him from climbing though.
                              I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Working...
                              X