Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 14th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is raining, cold but beautiful flowers brighten the gloom. The high today of 54 and the low in the low 40's.

I have been thinking of hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes, green beans, pickled beets and baked custard so I baked the custard last night and will fix the rest for tonight's dinner.

What yummy food will you be having tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Good Morning, its beautiful here. High of 59. Brunch will be a new waffle recipe with strawberries. We’re taking a trip to Key West (in our minds) for dinner. A new crockpot Ropa Vieja recipe, Cuban black beans over rice, Cuban cucumber salad and “fried” plantains. I’m using my kitchen toys today, crockpot, air fryer and instant pot!

Comment

We were scraping the barrel for dinner tonight... we have no bread and no eggs. Everything I suggested to John for dinner didn't work as we were missing those two ingredients. I dug deep into the freezer and found a tray of sausages which I cooked on the BBQ. Potatoes were cooked in a bag in the microwave and he had some peas with it. I had two sausages and a Chiko roll... odd combination but it was ok.

I'm finishing off the first blanket for my sister's dolls house. I watched a YouTube video about blocking and am keen to do it with these blankets. They are so small that even a slightly crooked edge is unforgiving. Fortunately Aldi advertised a hand steamer this weekend and I'll check it out tomorrow.

Doctors appointments tomorrow to get the results of our blood tests. The rest of the day will be taken up with the housework I didn't do at the weekend.
      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Well.....its SNOWING here! soooo tired of this nonsense!
        We never had our taco thingys yesterday as hubby was called out to buddy's cottage at last minute to watch hockey and eat 'man food' lol!
        lets try for taco thingys tonite
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
          Well.....its SNOWING here! soooo tired of this nonsense!
          We never had our taco thingys yesterday as hubby was called out to buddy's cottage at last minute to watch hockey and eat 'man food' lol!
          lets try for taco thingys tonite
          Do you have special way to make tacos? LOL

Comment

nope. we just don't care for shells. found a recipe online many years ago, and have been making them since. Fry up ground beef with onions, garlic powder and chili powder, BBQ sauce and add can of brown beans. Simmer and then spoon over toasted buns or thick sliced bread, top with grated cheese and lettuce, or whatever else you like.

Comment

You don’t like hard or soft tacos shells? Say what? LOL

OK! those are called Bell Burgers (taco meat, cheese, lettuce ) if made on a hamburger bun. Taco Bell sold those when I was growing up. I have no idea why they stopped. I make them at home sometimes. Good stuff!

Comment

aaaah! okay. I've never eaten at Taco Bell before, believe it or not!
                and no, we don't do hard or soft shell.

Comment

Found a small beef roast on sale yesterday so it is now in the oven with some onions and carrots - forgot to put the potatoes in but can nuke them later

Comment

It’s a nice day today, we were busy earlier in the day cleaning out and old desk that we’re getting rid of and gathering up more stuff to purge. We have full trash cans again this week!

A good friend of DS John made a huge batch of spaghetti so we’re having that and garlic bread for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
                      aaaah! okay. I've never eaten at Taco Bell before, believe it or not!
                      and no, we don't do hard or soft shell.
                      TB is the only fast food we eat. For 20+ years. Addicted.

Comment

I like Arby's. Had Caesar salad from Costco with leftover chicken from Cracker Barrel. Soooo good

Comment

Working...
                        X