• Show
Clear All

• Chayote

Hope the blood tests came out ok!
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

g'day, livetobake... blood tests were ok, some good news and some bad. Nothing that can't be fixed. John's xray was more worrying... his knees have very little cartilage left and he's walking bone on bone. Any wonder he's in pain.

Thanks for asking
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

You are welcome my friend. Sounds like a knee replacement is on the horizon for John.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

probably not a knee replacement... we've been advised in recent years that he can't have an anaesthetic unless he needed life saving surgery...

Comment

Chayote, I have been told by docs that you don't need the cartilage if you build up your quads
          A friend just completed a ski trip doing 20 miles downhill each day for 5 days. She has no cartilage in her knees. PT would help. Friend is 70.

Comment

I do not know how to post a new topic. I hope somebody sees this and can help me. Thanks!

Comment

Go to the top of the page and click on the tap where it says " new topic" , a new window will come up and you put in where it says title what your post is about and then post what you want to say, click on post reply and that is all you have to do. Not much different then answering a post.

Comment

Click on forum, then copy kat chat, then new topic

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
                  Chayote, I have been told by docs that you don't need the cartilage if you build up your quads
                  A friend just completed a ski trip doing 20 miles downhill each day for 5 days. She has no cartilage in her knees. PT would help. Friend is 70.
                  smokey... the problem with John's knees is that the damage was not caused by aging. He had two car accidents in two years when he was a teenager and in the second one he was not expected to live. They gave him immediate surgery after that accident but he was literally just patched together. We thought he had lost a kidney but it was found during his heart surgery 6 years ago. It just wasn't where it was meant to be. None of the surgery was done to assist him when he was older... they just didn't think he would survive the week and yet he has survived more than 5 decades.

Comment

Working...
                  X