Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 16th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is dark and dreary but I will hold hope that the sunshine will come out and play today The high of 50 and the low of 42.

Grilled cheese and meatloaf sandwiches along with tomato soup will be dinner.

What is on your menu for a Tuesday night?
    Last edited by livetobake; 04-16-2019, 07:08 AM.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I am thinking chicken and dumplings, but I have also had a killer headache for two days so I could just make a frozen pizza.

Comment

Well, yesterday when I opened up the freezer to my kitchenrefrigerator there were drippings on the freezer floor. In touching what was in the freezer, everything was thawed. However, there were still ice cubes in the bin but they were wet. So whatever happened, the cubes hadn't completely melted. I took everything out and put in trash bags to go to the dump. However, I had 6 lbs of bacon and it was now cold instead of frozen so I put that in the back refrigerator/freezer as that is smoked. I don't think there would be any harm with the bacon since it wasn't sitting in a warm environment. The refrigerator/freezer is 22 years old and I haven't had any issues with it. It may be time for a replacement but it is a commercial fridge/freezer so it will be big bucks because it is a built-in and it is more wide than deep (projects even with the cabinets). My husband did unplug is last night and plugged it back in this morning and it seems to be cooling (refrigerator) so now I am waiting to see if the freezer will freeze the small amount of water in a cup I put inside. I will certainly call a repair shop before thinking of replacing.

Not sure what will be for dinner yet - need to dive into my other freezers - maybe Stromboli already made and call it good.

Comment

I hope the headache goes away soon muz. I am very lucky as I rarely get one but when I do it usually one that gives me an optic migraine that last for a spell. Never more then a day and usually only 3-4 hours.

Is your blood pressure ok? Just a thought.

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Vera... it may just need to have the compressor regassed. My Mum's fridge stopped working much the same way as you described and she had it regassed. Maybe that's not done these days though because of the problem with CFCs. I don't know. I hope you're able to sort it out.
          I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

I've had a busy day and probably have a couple more hours of things to do tonight. I tried to make a sponge cake for my visitors tomorrow but it's been a miserable failure. I've never made one before and I followed my mother's recipe but it just didn't work. I'll probably make a pavlova instead because I've already bought the cream and passionfruit.

I had some beef ravioli with bolognaise sauce. It was surprisingly good. I'm trying to follow doctor's orders because my iron was a bit low.
            I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

speaking of headaches....our daughter is now having issues. I'm guessing they are migraine? My husband used to suffer from them really bad when he was in his early 20's, and now occasionally gets one. DD is on some kind of pain med that she can only take 1 in a 10 day span, plus they are super expensive $170 for 10. They don't always do the trick, and I'm telling her to please go back in to see Dr.

What works for everyone here?
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Sun is out, high of 9...I'll take it
                think I will walk to grocery store seeing that day is so lovely and don't have to deal with snow on road sides
                making a meatloaf, cheater scalloped potatoes and cauliflower for dinner tonite
                A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Itís allergy season and some people get headaches from the pollen. I am one of those people. Itís not as bad as it used to be. Iíd be in miserable pain and would also lose my sense of taste (every night). Of course right at dinner time! I had a terrible headache yesterday. Thinking it might be time for Benadryl or Claritin D.

Running errands later, leftover Cuban I made the other night for tonight.

Comment

Iíve had migraines since I was in my early 20ís. They peaked in severity when I was in my 30ís to 50ís and now I only get one every few months. They were so bad in the past that I became addicted to codeine in a pretty bad way. With the release of Imitrex I was able to kick the habit and most of the headaches. I used Imitrex injections for years and now I always have the pills with me. They are non-narcotic, thank goodness!

Itís been a nice Spring day today. I went to Curves, got the painting package shipped to my cousin, had someone pick up our screen for the sliding door to get repaired and Ken cleared out a bunch of junk off his basement workbench. Weíre feeling very productive here!

Iím making garlic steak bites, baked sweet potatoes and watermelon for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                    X