Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please

I know it is somewhere on this board but my eyes are not seeing because my mind and fingers cannot find it.

It is the recipe for the Lemon Cloud Pie, that is similar with what the Cheese Cake Factory makes. The name might be accurate and I cannot remember who posted it but it is so good and perfect for Easter.

It contains:

Cool Whip
    Juice of 2 lemons-Zest of lemons
    One can sweetened condensed milk

I think there is something else beside the pie crust but maybe not.

I made it several times but not for awhile and the ole brain is not in recall mode. I thought I saved it but thinking and doing are not always the same. At least in my head.

Thank you for whoever helps me and saves Easter Dinner dessert!!!
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I found this at Very Best Baking

Lemon Cloud Pie
    • 1 prepared 9-inch (6 oz.) shortbread crumb crust
    • 1 can (14 oz.) NESTL…ģ CARNATIONģ Sweetened Condensed Milk
    • 1/2 cup (about 3 medium lemons) fresh lemon juice
    • 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
    • 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
    • Grated lemon peel or lemon slices (optional)

BEAT sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and peel in small mixer bowl until combined. Fold in whipped topping; pour into crust. Cover; refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Garnish with lemon peel.

NOTE: For a lower calorie and fat version of this recipe, a 6-oz. prepared reduced-fat graham cracker crust and fat-free frozen whipped topping can be substituted for the shortbread crumb crust and frozen whipped topping.

Comment

Thanks Bean. It sounds about like the one on this board that is playing hide and seeks. I just thought it took an 8 oz. of Cool Whip but I don't think it would be a big difference just a little firmer and a little less filling. I will start with the 2 cups and go from there. I wish I could remember who posted it on here. Also the correct name-title.

Thanks again my Friend!

Comment

You are welcome LTB.

The search doesn't work the greatest here. Iíll try and look for it later. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Found it and bumped it for you.

Comment

Thank you Bean. I have been locked out and finally made it back in. Sorry it took so long saying thank you!!

Comment

If you have made both versions, which do you think tastes better, the one made with shortbread crust and cool whip, or the one made with graham cracker crust and whipping cream?

Comment

Hi Hayburner,

I have only made the one and it uses the cool whip and graham cracker crust. If I would find a shortbread I would use that one in a heart beat as I like that one a lot better when I can find them.

The whipped cream would probably have a richer taste and maybe be a bit heavier but I think either would be good.

My DGS just loves it and says he is making this one so he will know how and that he can do it. He can as it is so easy and simple.

Comment

Iíve decided to make this pie for Easter too (the version LTB makes).

Canít wait to try it.

Comment

If you like lemon I think you will love it Bean. It is so light and fluffy but has such a good flavor.

I think I am piping some cool whip around the outside rim and putting some lemon jelly beans with 3 in the middle sitting on some that I will tint a light green for the grass. Should look more like Easter I hope.

Comment

I'm sure we'll love it. We love lemon anything. That sounds like Easter to me!

Comment

Working...
                      X