Man Oh Man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Oh Man

I could not get on, made it on with some help, could not get on, finally got on, could not get on and now am on. It keeps making me reregister and then gives me a hard time. I have clicked on the "remember me" square but I guess it does not want me in "it's" mind for some reason.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

livetobake - have you updated your browser lately? I don't really know much about this kind of thing, but I do know that I was having all kinds of wonky problems when my browser was not up to date. I could not sign in to certain places also, took forever to get into gmail etc. I now have Good Chrome instead of Safari and everything is working top-notch for me!
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

You know more then I do. I do not know what a browser even is. It had me sign in again this morning but this time I got right in. I also clicked the remember me box again so I am hoping.

The one good thing is that I posted awhile back that my page was mixed up and hard reading but now it is exactly where it should be and for that I am grateful as I did nothing with the page. One trade off for another I guess.

Thanks for the thought and I will ask DGS about it when I see him.

Comment

You don't know what a browser is ? Wow, so how do you know what to click on to bring up you computer programs ?

Web browsers - allow you to go online. Common web browsers:
        Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, FoxFire

Computer browsers - Basically, almost every operating system has this. It allows you to look into your files, find things, and basically do everything on a computer.

I agree with Mudderbear, change browser, I don't have a clue what browser you are using, heck you don't even know, but it probably is an older system and it doesn't bring up the web sites that you want to look at. Or better yet, buy a new computer / laptop, they really don't cost that much anymore and how about some basic computer classes, you could take those at night classes in your adult education classes in a high school. That's what I did 15 years ago when I was forced to go back to work after my husband died. I realized real quick without computer knowledge you don't get much of a job.
        Just a thought.
        Last edited by Sabine; 04-17-2019, 07:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

There are hordes of people who know how to use a computer without understanding the programming. I thought about it for about 5 minutes and came up with 12 people I'm related to that would not know what a browser is. Kids that have grown up with computers usually have a much better knowledge about computers rather than people like me who grew up with manual typewriters and thought a telex machine was the most amazing invention...
          I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Chayote,

And one you know that does not know!!!!

Comment

I also grew up with a manual typewriter, then on to electric typewriter and finally computers and everything that goes with it.
              How can you not know what a browser is. Yet you use it almost everyday. Nothing to be proud of. It helps to educate yourself a bit.

Comment

I did not know up til a few years ago, what a browser was. so there ya go!
                A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I drive a car. So I know how it works? No idea... I just know how to make it do what I need it to do. If it stops doing what I need it to do I ask for help from someone who knows about cars.

There is a vast number of contraptions that I use that I have no idea how they work and what to do when they don't... when that happens I ask for help. I don't see a problem with not knowing everything

Comment

...except that I don't sleep at night I'd like to understand that better than I do

Comment

There is nothing wrong with asking for help. But there is a very big difference between not knowing how to do a car repair and what a computer browser is. Especially when she has to click on the browser every time she opens her computer and wants to get internet service or go to a web site like copycat. But if she choses to be ignorant , so be it.

Comment

I guess we all choose our own weaknesses, strengths and virtues

Comment

I think we all have areas we focus on for our everyday lives. There are many to choose from. The fact that folks choose differently does not make them ignorant.

Comment

Working...
                          X