Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 17th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is misty out with the chance of rain today. The high of 60 and the low of 54.

Tonight is the concert I will be seeing so a friend and I are having dinner out before going. Not sure where we are going yet but I know it will be good food and a fun evening.

What is your middle of the week meal consisting of?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

It’s a pretty morning here with a high of 49. A busy week with running everyday but today. I need to get a lot done around here.

I am making hot dog & mustard pizza (sounds crazy but oh so good) and salad. Survivor night.

Have a great time tonight LTB.

Comment

Thanks Bean. I am sure planning on it!

Comment

The sun makes me sooooo happy!
        hoping the rain holds off so I can BBQ some jerk chicken breasts, baked potatoes and tossed salad.
        hanging out at the cabin this aft, snow has melted off our Muskoka chairs, I'll grab my book and an iced tea
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Hot dog pizza sounds kinda good, I love pizza. I am putting brats in the air fryer and I got of Banza pasta I am going to better up. See if hubs can tell the difference.

Comment

Muz, it really is good! I cut the ingredients in half to make on regular size pizza and use Grilled hot dogs (sliced). I layer sliced jalapeños on before baking. Soooo good!

Hot Dog & Mustard Pizza

1 recipe Pizza dough

Topping –

1 T. veg. oil
            2 large onions, finely sliced (1 1/2)

Sauté the above for 10 to 15 minutes, until softened and colored. Cool.

3/4 c. Pizza sauce
            6 hot dogs, chopped into bite sized pieces
            1 3/4 c. grated cheddar cheese

Yellow mustard, to serve after baking

Pizza sauce over the dough, add the hot dogs, onions and then cheese. Bake as desired. Drizzle with mustard and serve immediately.

Comment

That does sound good and is good. I made pizza for my kids years ago when money was not plentiful and just put the cheese and hot dogs on top. My kids just loved it. I browned the hot dog first and then put on cheese and by the time it baked they had a good flavor. As money loosened up and the kids liked different and expanded foods I put on the onions and green peppers that I would sauté and I still will for DGS as likes that his father loved it.

I will try it with the mustard as I just never thought of that. I love mustard on my hot dog and that is all I put. Ha, I even used hotdogs in goulash instead of hamburger as they cost less. Amazing what you think of and do when do when you do not have a lot of options.

Comment

I hear ya LTB. Back in the day it was very inexpensive food and meals. I had to stretch everything.

Comment

It’s been a very pretty day today, bright, sunny and cool. I did my Curves workout, then we took Abby in for a bath and nail trim and we’re going to get her a new harness. Her old one has a broken clip on it and looks pretty bad. Her new one will be red too. DS John had to go up to Visalia today to take care of some business so I’m making dinner for Mom as well as the two of us.

We’re having Michael Angelo’s eggplant Parmesan and Italian sausage and Caesar salad for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                  X