Worried about my Basset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about my Basset

Positive thoughts and prayers please. Riley has had loose bowel movements on and off for months. Lately he doesn't want to eat. He was eating regularly then back to not eating. I have been making ground chicken and rice which he sometimes eats all of then just a bit.
    He lost nine and a half pounds since March. He is 50.1 lbs down from 59.6.
    Except for the eating issue he seems the same.
    Really afraid it is some kind of cancer. He lived in the house with the landfill gases for eight years. Our other dog died of blood cancer. I really thought Riley would be ok. Out of house over four years.
    Vet took samples of blood, urine, and stool. Results will be back Monday. He said they may not show anything. We would then go to x-rays.
    Sorry to unload. Bad week. DD,'s house was broken into and robbed. DGD spit up blood and a clot. Doc thinks it was related to an earlier nose bleed.
    FH had his annual echo yesterday. I am sure it will be fine.
    Our apartment lease is up soon and we have to decide whether to move or not.
    Could use some positive energy.
    ​​​​​​​Thanks.

What a lot gong on. Sending prayers and (((Hugs)))

Comment

smokey, I am so sorry that you and your family are so stressed out. It is horrible feeling and living that way. Never say your are sorry for unloading here. That is what we all need sometimes. I hope things get better and your dog is ok as well as the rest of the family.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Prayers for all of you.
        Hope you get good news on Riley
        I hope they catch the person that broke into DDs house

Comment

Thank you, LTB, Mellon, and Bean.
          Mellon, they don't even try to catch the thief. We had a video and a clear picture of the guy who broke into our car. Police took the report but said he'd be out in 15 minutes. He was not a homeless person. Most folks blame the homeless but they often aren't the culprits.
          DD's thief took the screen off of the window and pushed it up - in the front of the house around noon. He wouldn't call for fingerprinting saying he could have worn gloves.
          Crime is just taken for granted. Folks often leave their cars unlocked so their car windows don't get broken when folks want to rummage through the car.

Comment

Smokey - I just got back after being gone for 4 days so I am catching up on the threads. What a set of circumstances you are facing right now. How old is Riley? We lost our grand dog two days after Christmas as she seemed fine until then. I hope your outcome is much better than ours. The dogs are part of the family.

It really irritates me when people take things and steal. If someone did that to the thief, they would be squealing like stuffed pigs. It is a little disheartening thinking the thief won't get caught. due to disinterest by the police. I guess they have their hands full with other crime. At least your daughter didn't get injured but it would be unsettling to live where she is now. I sure hope everything works out for your family.

Comment

prayers that all is ok

Comment

Oh smokey, hope outcome is good for Riley!
                A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Thanks, y'all. Vet said he would talk to me Monday - which is today. Still no word. Office hours are 12 - 7.

Comment

Vet just called. Tests came back in pretty much normal ranges. X-RAYS in the morning.

Comment

Had X-rays. Only thing that looked weird is a section vet couldn't identify. Sending pix to radiologist.

Comment

DH's aneurysm grew a little but not enough to warrant medical intervention. That is good news.

Comment

Riley had ultrasound today. Lymphoma is the diagnosis. They started him on Prednisone. That should improve his appetite. His platelet count is too low to start chemotherapy.
                          One step at a time.

Comment

At least now you know what the problem is. How old is Riley? Are you going to put the dog through chemo ?

Comment

Sabine, Riley is twelve and a half. Vet explained that chemo is not a cure but will improve quality of life. It isn't the strong chemo like humans get who are hoping for a cure. Our other dog who had blood cancer had chemo and she would actually look good upon leaving the vet's
                              Except for his weight loss, not much has changed with him. He doesn't act sick.
                              The test results confirming the disease will be in on Friday. All indications are he has it.
                              We will not let him suffer when it comes to that.

Comment

Working...
                              X