Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is cloudy and the chance of rain late this afternoon. The high of 79-80 and the low of 66.

Chayote, I saw where Immy is not eating the best and I was wondering if you let her help you "cook" when you are preparing her food. I know with mine and DGS that was the best way they would try something new or just eat better. I started with things I knew they liked, quick and easy preparing and fast results. Then I made it exciting tasting the food with special plate, glass and a placemat they had "decorated" on either on plain cloth, paper, even an old favorite piece of clothing. I was so excited tasting what they had prepared and before I knew it our once a week "special meal" was asked for more and more. They learned cooking and baking skills, we have so much fun talking and laughing and they would be in a store and ask if we could make something they would not even look at before let alone try or eat. Inviting a "friend", stuffed animal or doll helped a lot. Maybe Lucy would enjoy eating with you and Granddad also. Just a thought.

I am making sesame chicken with broccoli in it over ramen noodles that I just cook without the flavor packet. DGS loves it.

What will be your Sunday meal this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Somebody pulled the plug on our weather. It was 37 when we got up with a high of 54. Yesterday was 74 with the windows open. LOL

Brunch, Im making a new breakfast sausage (maple blueberry), waffle stix and French Toast roll ups.

Dinner, sweet & spicy sambal pork noodles (new) and my homemade egg rolls.

Comment

Chicken al a king, haven't had it in forever! I wish I had peas to put in it, but I am to lazy to go to the store.

Comment

Send Hubs!!!!
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Its quite warm and humid today, guess that means summer is coming. Definitely not my favorite season. Mom is home from the hospital but she is not doing well at all. Shes in a lot of pain, having trouble breathing and basically just wants it to be over. We will more than likely get her on hospice care this week. Of course we hate to see this happen, but for her sake we hope she is able to go easily. Sorry to be such a downer.

Im going to make an Italian sausage, zucchini and rice casserole tonight. Probably have fruit on the side.

Comment

Charlene, so sorry to hear about your mom. I feel foolish at times fretting over my dog's illness when friends are worrying about loved ones.
            A woman I know posted a picture of the beautiful roses her husband sent to her for their anniversary. She said she had a pity party that night as they couldn't be together as he was deployed.
            The next morning she found out his ship almost collided with a Russian warship. He is a navy chaplain. It's all relative!

Comment

Thanks smokey, I appreciate it and I completely understand worrying about your fur baby. I know I would be very upset if our little dog was sick. My mother is almost 94 and shes been in declining health since my father passed away. She is ready and my sister and I understand what she wants. Its unfair to her to have to go through this pain and suffering. For her sake we hope she just goes to sleep. This has been a Hellish couple of months.

Comment

Working...
              X