Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 10th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is cloudy with rain predicted along with the high of 80 and the low in the low 60's.

Pot stickers with dipping sauce, Jasmine rice, salad and cantaloupe will be my culinary delight tonight.

What will be y our culinary delight this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

LTB, your dinner sounds really good!

The dinner we didnít have last night. Dexter got hurt, 4 staples. Scott and he didnít get home until after midnight. Long night.

Comment

Oh, no! What happened?

Comment

Hope Dexter is doing better this morning and not in a lot of pain. Hope you and Scott are recovering as well.

Comment

We were playing ball out back. I spend a lot of time picking up pine cones, tree branches...etc so they wonít hurt their paws. Well, he was running and must have landed on a broken tree stump that was barely above ground. He didnít yelp but stopped and was sniffing the ground, Bear went over and was sniffing the ground. I walked over and saw blood. I got Scott to hold him and we bandaged him up. Made an online appt for him to be seen today by our vet. Well, he decided to run like a crazy pup and tore it worse, blood everywhere. Scott took him to the vet ER. They didnít get home till after midnight. Bear waited by the back door the entire time, he was so worried. He got 4 staples and is wrapped from foot on up. He got cut or punctured just below the top pad behind. Heís on meds. Resting comfortably now. Trying to keep him to not to do anything for two weeks will be hard. That boy wants to play ball 24/7. He canít jump on the sofa or bed or fun...I slept on the sofa downstairs with the boys. It wasnít great for me but Dex needed his mommy.

Comment

I am glad he is ok and hope you get a nap with him today.

Mine is not getting better at any great rate. How long does those dog treats take before you noticed a difference with your dog? She is eating, drinking, going potty but sleeping a lot. She walks around when I take her outside and even wants a short walk and walks better the more she moves but it wears her out pretty quick. She absolutely will not leave my side. I mean lays on floor when I am doing something with her head on my foot. I worry I will hurt her or trip on her but just cannot make her leave and I don't think she would even if I took her away as she would just come back.

Comment

Thanks LTB. Iím freaking beat today! We noticed probably a week in they were helping. Everyday after that was a change. I sure hope they do something for your pup. How old is she?

Comment

She is around 11-13 did not get her before she was 2-3 and have had her around 10-11 years? Not really sure. Heck, I can't remember where my car keys are half the time!!!

Comment

Well, Iím sure sheís just slowing down because of her age. She loves being with you, closer the better. Heck, Dexter does that to me and I do trip over him. Youíd think Iíd see a dog his size, but no. He just sneaks up and lays right behind me. Crazy pup!

Comment

Well, our lovely cool weather got run out of town by a hot spell. No transition, just BAM! Hot! Mom is still very uncomfortable, not much appetite at all. Iím trying to give her calorie dense food thatís easy on the stomach. We have home care service coming tomorrow, my sister and I will arrange for in house hospice then. I took Abby up to see her for awhile this afternoon.

I just stripped a rotisserie chicken and weíre going to add some to one of those Taylor chopped salads. I got one called Tangerine Crunch that weíre looking forward to trying with the chicken added to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X