Ideas for lettuce?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for lettuce?

Ended up with 3 heads of iceberg and 2 large romaine. Now what do I do with it? LOL

I have never done this, but a friend of ours slices a head of romaine down the middle, brushes on olive oil and garlic and grills it, sprinkles on parm after. You could have that instead of a salad
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

We did that once and I wasnít fond of it. Scott liked it. I have a friend who makes lettuce soup. Everyone loves it, I donít know. Hmmm LOL

Comment

My dh's new thing is a wedge salad. Just take the iceberg and cut it into large wedges, stick it on a plate with toppings. I don't get it, lol!

Comment

I got through that much lettuce every week!

Comment

Wedge salads would work. I never got that though. LOL

We love our salads but I donít go through 3 heads of iceberg a week, not even during Cinco de Mayo.

Comment

Can you give some to your neighbours? We do that with onions. At a green grocery in our town we can buy 4kg of onions for $5 but we can buy 10kg for $6. If the friendly neighbours (some aren't) we tend to bag up the amount we know we can't use in time and distribute them around the street. Personally I prefer to buy the 4kg bags because they seem to be better quality.
              I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

I also thought of a wedge salad and then use the romaine lettuce leaves for a wrap.

Comment

Thatís a nice thought Chay.

Sabine, I might make turkey wraps. Chop the rest for salads. The iceberg Iím shredding a head fir tacos.

Comment

I keep seeing the grilled romaine, it just sounds so wrong to me that I cant try it.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
                      I keep seeing the grilled romaine, it just sounds so wrong to me that I cant try it.
                      Scott talked me into it back in FL. Not for me. He can have all he wants. LOL

Comment

speaking of wedge salads.....I used to make one. cut head in half, mix up cream cheese, onions, celery,radish, what ever you like, and maybe there was a bit of grated cheese in there as well? or sour cream? something to extend the cream cheese. anyhoo, then you make a hollow in each cut half, and stuff with your concoction. cover with plastic wrap, chill, then cut into wedges to serve. We used to like Thousand Island dressing drizzled on top. it was very good.
                        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Ina Garten and Pioneer Woman both have recipes for grilled romaine. Does not appeal to me either.

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
                            speaking of wedge salads.....I used to make one. cut head in half, mix up cream cheese, onions, celery,radish, what ever you like, and maybe there was a bit of grated cheese in there as well? or sour cream? something to extend the cream cheese. anyhoo, then you make a hollow in each cut half, and stuff with your concoction. cover with plastic wrap, chill, then cut into wedges to serve. We used to like Thousand Island dressing drizzled on top. it was very good.
                            Now that sounds good!

Comment

I agree Bean, that does sound so good. I am thinking even tuna, finely diced chicken, anything that sounds good like Mudder said.
                              Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                              He drew a circle that shut me out.
                              But love and I had the wit to win,
                              We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Working...
                              X