Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 6th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is cloudy with some rain with the high of 83 and the low of 70. I hope the humidity just does not go higher.

Chayote has inspired me so I am making salmon patties, extras for freezing, and will have the fruit I just love. Not sure what kind yet, maybe will mix some together with a blob of cool whip on top.

What is your blue plate special for this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

hot and humid here for us as well again. We have not been eating much of anything these last few days. I made some mac salad and we've been feeding off of that along with deli meat, pickles cheese.
    I went to the bakery yesterday in a neighbouring cottage town and bought a box of 8 mini beef meat pies, expensive at $32.00, but so worth it....I was hoping to have them tonite, but its too hot to turn the oven on. DH says to try and warm them in the BBQ, that could work. I bought corn on the cob, green beans and asparagus at the farmers market to go along side
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Mudder,

If you have a spot that you could put it I just love my toaster oven. It is preheated in five minutes and the cool down is in about 5 minutes. I use mine at least once a day and sometimes several times. I think outside the box and use it for so many things. Just a thought.

Comment

we used to have a toaster oven, and I got rid of it cuz we never really used it much. I thought it would be handy for the kids for the little frozen pizzas, but it just took so long to heat anything....maybe it was a dud

Comment

Good thing I inspire someone to do something, livetobake... You're better than me because my tuna patties were not homemade. I opened a packet from the freezer but they were good.

Tonight for dinner John had bacon, egg and onion. I had sweet and sour pork with rice.

Gordon arrived with his biscuit tin tonight. He said it was about time he provided the bikkies but to be honest I wish he hadn't. They were ok but just not the kind that I usually buy. There wasn't much conversation happening because between John and Gordon they were flicking the TV between the tennis and the AFL. I feigned interest as much as I could... I'm not into sport that much. I should have just left them to it...

I was talking to my eldest daughter most of the day. They are on the verge of buying their second home, this time in Adelaide. They have been living in rented accommodation but decided it was time to settle in Adelaide for the long term. Every house they have looked at was with John and I in mind. Because they were looking for a 5 bedroom home, at least one of those bedrooms needs to be downstairs. They found a house that they think will be great so they've asked for a contract. I'm excited for them.

I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
            I bought corn on the cob, green beans and asparagus at the farmers market to go along side
            MudderBear, I read a post on Pinterest one day about cooking corn in half water, half milk and adding a good dob of butter. I tried it a few weeks ago and the corn was amazing but I'm unsure if it was because of the cooking method or the fact that the corn was young and very fresh.
            I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

yes! I have heard about that too, I will give it a go tonite. Thanks Chayote

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
                hot and humid here for us as well again. We have not been eating much of anything these last few days. I made some mac salad and we've been feeding off of that along with deli meat, pickles cheese.
                I went to the bakery yesterday in a neighbouring cottage town and bought a box of 8 mini beef meat pies, expensive at $32.00, but so worth it....I was hoping to have them tonite, but its too hot to turn the oven on. DH says to try and warm them in the BBQ, that could work. I bought corn on the cob, green beans and asparagus at the farmers market to go along side
                Can you heat them up in the microwave ?
                I also got rid of my toaster oven. Waste of money and it took up space on the counter.

Comment

I had a Black and Decker for years and it still worked but I wanted one a bit bigger as it was pretty small. I now have a Kitchen Aid and for me it is the perfect size. It has 2 racks, broiler pan and 6 positions for the racks. If I am lucky I now have the big oven on 3-4 times a year and that is usually for batches of cookies. At first I did not use it a lot but started thinking outside the box and have never looked back. Everyone has likes and dislikes on appliances and on this one I lucked out. I like the idea for warming them in the BBQ as the crust will stay firm and not get soggy. Maybe in a dry pan with the lid on as that would be the same idea, I would just put them on a shallow rack first so the bottom did not burn.

Whatever you do, enjoy them. It sounds like a lovely meal.

Comment

Another busy day mucking out the basement, definitely some surprises in there. We got all the wheels and tires out today and a bunch of other stuff and people have been picking up the stuff listed on Next Door app. Ive gotten more packing done and my sister and her friends are moving some of the furniture out too. Were pretty much done for the day now, both of us are filthy and we both kind of reek. Shower time!

Were going out! Either Johnny Rebs or Blue Salt Fish Grill. It definitely depends on our energy level at 5 pm. JRs is about 15+ miles, BSFG is about 4 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Can you heat them up in the microwave ?
                      I also got rid of my toaster oven. Waste of money and it took up space on the counter.
                      Probably could? and my toaster oven took up too much space on my counter as well.
                      anyway, hubby came home with a bucket of KFC and we ate the last of mac salad with the chicken

Comment

Working...
                      X