Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 7th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It dark, still so HHH with rain at some point today. The high of 85 and the low of 70. I went outside last night at 11 so I could watch the fireflies for a few minutes and after about 10 minutes the humidity drove me back in. It was like a wet wool blanket wrapped around me the second I stepped outside.

I am putting a salmon patty in a salad and call it dinner.

What will you be having for your Sunday meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

BLT today and deep frying some veggies, I have tons of broccoli to use up.

Comment

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
      I am putting a salmon patty in a salad and call it dinner.
      Glad you made the salmon patties... I'll send you some cooler weather. We are expecting cold winds and rain for the next 10 days.

My son and daughter-in-law visited today. Alice spent the whole day cooking meals for John and I. She was a professional chef before she decided to become a nurse. She made Shepherd's Pie, pumpkin soup and a beef and onion stew for John. I just finished packaging it all up ready for the freezer with some kept in the fridge for the next few days. We won't need to order anything from youfoodz this week. While Alice cooked, my son Charlie vacuumed and swept. I was so impressed and grateful.

For dinner tonight I had a serve of the pumpkin soup. John had some stew. All very easy.

Two medical appointments scheduled for tomorrow so we will be busy for a few hours. With a bit of luck we might be able to fit in refreshments at a cafe between the two.

The Gordon conversation tonight was about appliances. These days if your iron or toaster stops working you go to a store and buy a new one. Decades ago you would unplug it and take it to a fix-it shop. We recalled such a business in our town years ago. The owner was an older man who, even as a child, wanted to pull things to pieces to see how they worked and then put them back together. His little shop was full from floor to ceiling with appliances that were waiting to be fixed, waiting to be picked up or retired into the 'spare part' section. The repairs were always very reasonably priced. The clever thing he did was if a part he needed was no longer available, he would make a part himself that both fitted and worked. During the conversation we wondered if he was ever qualified to do the repairs... I doubt that he did but everyone trusted that he knew what he was doing. We laughed about the sign he had on the door... "Opening time: about an hour after I wake up. Closing time: when I get tired and want to go home" He was a funny little man but was well and truly liked by everyone. Eventually he stopped opening the shop and we heard that he had passed away in his sleep one night.
      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Brunch is going in the Instant Pot right now, Copycat Starbucks Bacon & GruyŤre Egg Bites (new).

Dinner, Schwanís chicken cordon blue, grilled corn salad (new) and Schwanís potato wedges.

Comment

When did Charlie get married ?? I don't recall you posting about it on CK

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            Brunch is going in the Instant Pot right now, Copycat Starbucks Bacon & GruyŤre Egg Bites (new).

Dinner, Schwanís chicken cordon blue, grilled corn salad (new) and Schwanís potato wedges.
            I haven't seen a Schwans truck in ages. Don't know if the still service / deliver in our area. Years ago they were very popular, expensive if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

I haven't seen a Schwans truck in ages. Don't know if the still service / deliver in our area. Years ago they were very popular, expensive if I remember correctly.
              Hadnít shopped Schwanís in years! We got a newbie special 50% off! Great deal! They always send email and text coupons. Our guy only comes if we text, no pressure to buy every two weeks. Their food is very good. Havenít been disappointed in a thing.

Comment

I have to do a google search to see if they are in our area. Wouldn't mind buying from them once in a while . Beats cooking. LOL

Comment

Itís helped so many times when I ran out of time or just didnít want to cook. I love their frozen veggies. Well, I could go on and on about their food products. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

Hadnít shopped Schwanís in years! We got a newbie special 50% off! Great deal! They always send email and text coupons. Our guy only comes if we text, no pressure to buy every two weeks. Their food is very good. Havenít been disappointed in a thing.
                    Bean, is the food delivered via a Schwan's truck , the way they used to do it or is it mailed to you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Bean, is the food delivered via a Schwan's truck , the way they used to do it or is it mailed to you ?
                      Itís delivered by truck. Very convenient.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Can't find anything about Schwans for our area ??? May have to call them

Comment

Another busy day! The temperature is good but the humidity is very high today. I made a huge hazardous and electronic waste run this morning, Iíll have to do another next week as I exceeded the amount you can bring at one time. Oops! Iíve been doing some packing of kitchen items that donít get frequent use this afternoon too. We really scored on moving boxes and packing paper! My sister got a couple of carloads of moving boxes and packing material free on the Next Door app! In between Iíve been doing laundry and and I baked a Sara Lee pumpkin pie.

I need to use up stuff in the freezers! Tonight is pressure cooker pot roast, some Mrs. Tís pierogies and some broccoflower.

Comment

Working...
                          X