Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 8th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a sunny hazy day again. The high of 84 and the of 69.

A friend gave me a small bowl of pasts salad made with whole wheat pasta last night and this morning I added in a few vegetable and some herb along with a salmon patty I added in. Sounds like a plan for tonight.

What direction will you be going in for your evening meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Grilling some steaks and asparagus for dinner, if hubs remembers to fill the gas tank!

Comment

The sky is burning off the clouds. Itís going to be another nice day of 77. Been getting things done after the remodeling. Feels like we are moving in again! When we are done ďmoving inĒ we are going to freaking relax! LOL

Tonight, lentil tostadas and that grilled corn salad I didnít make last night.

Comment

g'day and happy Monday to you.

As predicted we had a busy day. John had some skin cancers frozen off his forehead early in the day. He's still complaining about the area being sore when he touches it. You can probably work out what advice I gave him... After that I had a doctor's appointment myself and was thrilled that after 8 weeks of treatment, I don't need to go back until something else goes wrong. I feel like turning somersaults... and it means I'm allowed to drive again!

I'm excited for Andrew and his parents who bought a house today! Andrew wanted to go swimming on the day they inspected it. I could hear him on the phone tonight telling me "Mummy, Daddy, Andrew new house swimming" which tells me he can't wait to move. Settlement is 6 weeks.

There is no Gordon conversation to relate tonight. He must have had a better offer... *LOL* I'll go in tomorrow to check that he's ok. I would know immediately if he had a medical emergency because my phone is the first point of contact with the alarm he wears around his neck. We missed him tonight.

We enjoyed our dinner tonight. When I was leaving the doctor's clinic I mentioned to John that it would be a good opportunity to have an early dinner (4pm) and buy some fish and chips so that's what we had... chips with battered flathead. At around 8pm we had a cup of vegetable soup as well.
        I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

I am thrilled that you are in the plus side of being healthy and can drive again. Your leg must be ok now so that the pain and worry about that is memory, painful one, but a memory. I did a lot of thinking I did but decided maybe John should not touch the site?!!!! Sounds like a winner idea.

I hope the house becomes the home that Andrew and his parents love and enjoy for many years while making wonderful memories there.

Maybe Gordon just felt after a long day you and John might be tired and like a quiet evening. I am so happy that you brighten each other's day and can depend on each other for help and enjoyment as well as a wonderful friendship.

I think the idea of an early dinner was a good one. Something different, no work involved and then a hot cup of soup that is soothing I think in cold weather for sipping on.

It sounds like a good day all around and ended on a pleasant note. That makes me so happy reading it. Have a good night's sleep my Friend.
          Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
          He drew a circle that shut me out.
          But love and I had the wit to win,
          We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Another busy day today. I started packing my larger kitchen appliances and pans today and completely cleared the storage area under the staircase. My living room area looks like a cyclone hit it! My sister and I had to go to Momís credit union to start merging the accounts in the family trust this afternoon and weíll have to go back to finish it up. Iím so glad my sister is handling the paperwork on this!

I stopped at Taco Bell on the way home and picked up some crunchy tacos for our dinner. We do this about once a year. Thatíll satisfy our craving for them for another year or so!

Comment

Working...
            X