Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is hazy out but the humidity seems a bit lower thank goodness. The high of 80 and the low of 69. I see dark clouds in the north so that could mean rain or not.

I am solo tonight so that means toast with peanut butter and a dish of fruit. This fruit just keeps tasting better and better as the season goes on. I have tomatoes that are growing at a good rate and I can already taste them.

What is your meal of choice tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

g'day, livetobake... cold day for us again and the forecast for the week is just as cold. However, I'm grateful that we have warm clothes and heating in our home. Some people are not using their heating because of the high cost of electricity.

I had a good day doing housework. I would never have believed that I'd enjoy housework quite so much. I'm anxious to catch up on everything that hasn't been done for the past couple of months. Today I cleaned out both freezers... one at the top of the fridge and the other upright deep freezer. Both freezers are full which means I don't need to buy any frozen vegetables or meat for quite a while.

For dinner tonight John had shepherd's pie and peas while I had pumpkin soup and a slice of bread. I think I need a new microwave oven. The one I have seems to take longer to warm food. There is a rust mark on the ceiling of the oven and only half the LED readout works. I'll check out what sales are going in the electrical stores.

Gordon resurfaced today. He didn't come in last night because he fell asleep in his recliner in front of his TV. I took some food into him and had a cup of tea and two hours later he was in our home drinking my coffee... *LOL* He really is a sweetheart. Our conversation tonight was about houses, prompted by the news that our daughter had just bought their next home. We talked about our first homes right through to how we came to live next door to each other. He moved there 30 years ago... we moved to this home 34 years ago.

This is the new home that Andrew's family have just purchased:

https://i.imgur.com/WqdkW8K.jpg
    Last edited by Chayote; 07-09-2019, 10:55 AM.
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Chayote, what a nice house

speaking of microwaves.....my hubby bought our first one for a Christmas gift for me waaaay back in 1985 or so? It was one of the first 'spacesaver' types, and it cost like $400 then! It just died on us last year, faithful appliance it was indeed.
      Last edited by MudderBear; 07-09-2019, 11:27 AM.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Beautiful beautiful day here, clear blue skies and the humidity has gone.
        I went to the butcher shop this morning and picked up 3 steaks for dinner, DS#3 will join us as he plans on coming out for a fish anyway.
        I bought some green beans, button mushrooms and baby potatoes to go alongside. YUMMMM
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Well, I lied. The humidity has spiked and it so terrible out. A man I know was walking past my house as I was getting my mail. He walks everywhere as he has no car and I knew he was heading for work. I asked him if he wanted a ride but he said no but I picked up the car keys, pulled up beside him and encouraged him that he should get in. He did and had tears in his eyes. He said he never will be a bother but was so glad he was out of the humidity and would arrive at work where he would not need going into the restroom where he would wash off and put on a clean, dry shirt. I gave him a cold water bottle and told him he served our country, ex Marine, and it was the least I could do in his honor for him. I will watch for him on horribly hot days and take him.

No matter how bad it is, it could always be worse and even if it is hard for this man at this point in time "he will never be a bother", and does his best in taking care of himself. That is a statement I do no think I will forget for awhile.

Comment

Chayote - Might this also be your future home as well?? You mentioned on another thread that Julia wanted to make sure there was room for you and John. It is absolutely lovely. How exciting for them buying a home. A big congratulations.

Comment

LTB, that brought a tear to my eyes. Bless you!

Comment

Thank you Ang, but bless him. He has given more then I ever will. Three tours of duty.

Comment

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
                  Thank you Ang, but bless him. He has given more then I ever will. Three tours of duty.
                  So true.......

Comment

Itís starting to warm up again, not great weather for packing and cleaning. I didnít sleep well last night, kept waking up and thinking about what I need to get done. I took 4 big bags of blankets, old towels and bedspreads to the San Pedro animal shelter this morning and visited with my son for a couple of hours. Then it was back home and more packing. Iíve got all my big cookware packed except for the pieces I will be using regularly before we leave. Tomorrow Iím going to tackle my kitchen pan cabinet. I sure could use a visit from the packing and cleaning fairies!!

Iím making baked tilapia with tomatoes and olives, some brown rice and quinoa and either salad or spinach for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                      Chayote - Might this also be your future home as well?? You mentioned on another thread that Julia wanted to make sure there was room for you and John. It is absolutely lovely. How exciting for them buying a home. A big congratulations.
                      g'day, Vera... yes, we are all excited about their new home. They already own a house in Canberra very similar to the new one and that has been rented out since they moved to Adelaide. If they get posted back to Canberra they will just rent out the new one. The new house has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and 4 living areas. Eventually I can see myself living with them but in the meantime, Immy needs her Grandma and Granddad.
                      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Working...
                      X