Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 11th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is raining, some thunder but no light show as yet. I sure hope it breaks the humidity. The high today of 84 and the low of 67.

I have a couple of appointments today so I am thinking maybe a grilled cheese and some fruit.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

g'day, livetobake... I hope the humidity takes a hike for you today. We still have wind coming straight from Antarctica and they are *cold*. There's a lot of damage around from the wind... trees down, roofs off houses and a flooded street in Melbourne managed to bring down the internet across the state. Fun and games.

We were out most of the day... nothing pleasant so I won't say more. We were relieved to get home and get some dinner. We had chicken wings that I boiled first and then finished off in the air fryer.

Immy is coming to visit us tomorrow and I've invited my sister and brother-in-law and their granddaughter, Mackenzie. It's school holidays and the girls will love playing together.

Four days until Andrew arrives...
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

No clue what is for dinner tonight. Running to Meijers after work because I have coupons for $27 off a $50 dollar shopping trip. Wonder if they will keep these coupons up or just because the store is new. I find only their sale products have great prices, but I might aw well pick up a few things tonight.

Comment

Busy, busy day! More sorting and packing, then a meeting with my sister at the credit union to finalize the trust details, then home again. My grandson Joshua arrived to help us with some of the heavy stuff for the next 5 days and son Stephan picked up some stuff from the garage. We have to get a dumpster next week, we’re semi-buried in stuff we’re getting rid of.

Dinner was running late, so we had a can of corned beef hash, some fried eggs and sourdough toast for dinner. Yum!

Comment

It was 114* today so I stayed in the air conditioning as much as possible. It is dry here, and we had what looked like a dust storm coming over the mountain, except it didn't. On Thursdays I sometimes go to a social hour and it is mostly snacks and sweets. I made cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting. I let the dough rise on an oversized sheet, then realized that the sheet didn't fit in my small, wall oven. So I ran to the clubhouse and baked them in the oven in that kitchen. They smelled so wonderful, everyone was drooling. But for dinner, I made a couple of chicken breasts, then smothered them in a sauce I threw together by sauteing onions, garlic and pablano peppers, seasoned with salt, pepper and cumin, then stirred in a cup or so of half & half. I left it to marinate in that sauce while at the social, and man was it yummy! I was actually too full to eat, but I had a couple of tastes while putting everything away before cleaning up and doing dishes.

I say: can't go wrong with pablano peppers. (cream cheese; whipping cream lol)

Comment

Working...
          X