Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner Post Thursday August 8, 2019

Happy Thursday!

Itís cooler today, much more comfortable than it has been. Weíre gettin started on the two bedrooms upstairs, trying to figure out what to pack and what to keep out to use. All these boxes piled around the house are stressing me out, canít navigate anywhere!

Iím making liver and onions, cheesy scalloped potatoes and watermelon for dinner. What are you having for dinner tonight?

Since you mentioned how much you and your mom loved the Mccormick brown sugar seasoning packet, I have been hooked. Not on the brown sugar one but the chipotle one. I like to marinate the meat for about 2 days and oh my yum!!!! I made london broil that had been marinated in the chipotle with green beans. Now I am ready to put on jammies and hide upstairs with my book.

Comment

Very hot, humid day here in SA. We went out for a late lunch / early dinner at our local diner, so no cooking tonight., Yeah ......
      We need rain so bad, but nothing in the forecast for the next few days at all. Typical summer weather for our area.

Comment

Thanks for starting the dinner post Charlene. I know you will be leaving soon, hopefully somebody will take over.

Comment

Iím happy to do it! Yes, Iím leaving California, but I donít plan on leaving CK. Iíve been doing the dinner post on Jacksterville for years too, Iíd miss not doing it every day.

Comment

I haven't had liver and onions in a long time. That sounds pretty good!
            This morning I put a beef roast in the crockpot with a bit of water, tomato paste, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric and garam masala. When it was well cooked, I added some sour cream and stirred the broth up into a gravy. Cooked carrots, mashed potatoes rounded out the meal. Very yummy.
            Where are you moving, Charlene?
            Arizona could really use some rain. It is so hot and dry. The monsoon rains are not materializing. We only get 5-6" annually and mainly during the summer months. Pray for rain!

Comment

MaryJo, we currently live in Hawthorne CA, about 4 miles from the ocean and a few miles from LAX airport. Itís gotten ridiculously expensive to live here. The house Iím in was my mother and fatherís and we lived with them for many years. This house is very big and set up easily for 2 families. When Mom passed away in June my sister and I became surviving trustees on the living trust and we sold it. We are moving to WA. We havenít bought yet but weíre working with an agent there and weíll be flying up there Sunday to look at a great house in Stanwood. Weíre prepared to make an offer right then. Southern CA has gotten so congested and we need some breathing room. Weíve been looking in that area for several years.

I should clarify something, when I say we, I mean my husband and me. My sister is not moving up there.

Comment

Working...
              X