update on the Manuka honey...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on the Manuka honey...

It's with great disappointment that I have to report it wasn't the right treatment for me. As soon as I put it on it was stinging my skin but I persevered with it. I even persevered for four days before I said enough was enough. I'm very disappointed because several people told me about it. I'll keep it because apparently it's good for stomach ailments, split lips, mouth ulcers and minor burns.

I saw my doctor today and he faxed a referral to the chronic wound clinic at our nearest large hospital. I hope it won't be long before I get an appointment.

Fingers crossed that something works... this is the 4th month...

If every you even suspect that you have a skin ulcer, don't mess around with it. They are nasty.
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

4 month, yes, something needs to work for you. Too bad the honey didn't work for you.

Comment

I was really hoping for a better report.
      All those comments sounded so supported
      DAMMMM

Comment

g'day, ladies... I was disappointed but maybe it was just me. It may work for other people but perhaps I have a mild allergy or something. I have high hopes with the wound clinic.

Comment

Let us know what your next plan is

Comment

that's too bad it did not work for you Chayote...hope you do have a long wait to get into the wound clinic for treatment. I have never heard of this type of honey.

This kind of reminds me of an issue I had a few years ago with a cyst on my cheek, it was getting oozy and I went to pharmacist to ask for her recommendations as what I could use on it - she told me to use tea tree oil, which others had told me to use as well. It was not a good choice, besides the infection, the oil gave me a chemical burn, it was a terrible mess!

I
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by mellon View Post
              Let us know what your next plan is
              g'day, mellon... my next plan of action is an appointment at the Chronic Wound clinic at our closest major hospital on 28th. I would love if they could just wave a magic wand and make it go away...

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
                This kind of reminds me of an issue I had a few years ago with a cyst on my cheek, it was getting oozy and I went to pharmacist to ask for her recommendations as what I could use on it - she told me to use tea tree oil, which others had told me to use as well. It was not a good choice, besides the infection, the oil gave me a chemical burn, it was a terrible mess!

I
                g'day, MudderBear... tea tree oil is a good product but it's like anything, if you don't know the source you don't know what you are buying. I have pure tea tree oil here and have used it for many things. It shouldn't give you a chemical burn unless it was mixed with something else. This is the one I have and it's almost $20 an ounce. Thursday Island have one that is good, too.

https://s3.images-iherb.com/mdt/mdt00370/v/0.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X