Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 13th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is cloudy out with the possibility of rain along with the high of 81 and the low of 68.

Sloppy Joes, Cole slaw, and fruit will be on the menu for tonight.

What will be on your menu this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Nice to see you back livetobake
    salisbury steaks/mushroom gravy, leftover Rice A Roni and will finish up the cauliflower for us tonite
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Sloppy Joes always sound like good comfort food, livetobake... I must try making them one day.

I've talking most of the day to my daughter who is in Adelaide. Poor little Andrew had another ride in an ambulance last night. He had a major asthma attack that didn't respond to the medicines that they have at home for him. The doctors gave him steroids and he sang "Baby Shark" all the way home. He's a crazy boy at times.

Also cooked up a storm for our neighbours. I made chicken noodle soup that was a recipe I found in Pinterest. It turned out very well. I cooked it in the slow cooker and it's almost ready to turn off and package up. Also made special fried rice and packaged that up. Still have a lasagna to make which I'll do tomorrow.

Dinner was sausages that I cooked in the airfryer, mashed potatoes that were already cooked and in the fridge, peas and fried onion. John was very happy with all that.

Gordon came in for coffee. He brought in some vegetables from his garden to include in the neighbours' meals and offered to buy whatever I needed for them. He's so sweet and caring. Tonight we talked about the olden days... the *very* olden days when settlers first came to Australia from England. On Pinterest I found many old photographs showing women in their long dresses and bonnets, men in top hats and suits and also families living in tiny houses and cooking outside over an open fire. We talked about life before refrigerators and stoves.

I bought Immy a new hat yesterday. It's such fun but will keep her ears warm at the same time. It's like this one but hers is brown. When you squeeze the 'paws' it makes the ears stick up... She will love it.

https://www.looksharpstore.co.nz/wp-...HT-510x597.jpg
      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Good Morning, weíve noticed a change in the weather, Fall is on the way, much cooler at night. Loving it. Iím solo for dinner and am making California Avocado soup. I havenít made it in a long time, looking forward to it.

LTB, a funny about sloppy joes. Iíll ask Scott if he wants them for dinner, I have several different recipes. Heíll say, I donít like sloppy joes. But when I make them, heís a happy camper! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          LTB, a funny about sloppy joes. Iíll ask Scott if he wants them for dinner, I have several different recipes. Heíll say, I donít like sloppy joes. But when I make them, heís a happy camper! LOL
          g'day, Bean... I know your comment was not directed to me but my first reaction was "typical male" John will tell me he doesn't like this or that so don't put any in my dinner. I include everything I intended, including the banned this or that and he will eat it all and say it was wonderful. I'll be in trouble if ever he finds out that yes, he does eat mushrooms, cooked tomato and anything else I fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

g'day, Bean... I know your comment was not directed to me but my first reaction was "typical male" John will tell me he doesn't like this or that so don't put any in my dinner. I include everything I intended, including the banned this or that and he will eat it all and say it was wonderful. I'll be in trouble if ever he finds out that yes, he does eat mushrooms, cooked tomato and anything else I fancy.
            It is always like that. This morning I asked if he wanted toast with his coffee. He said no. I did, so I made two slices as I knew heíd eat one. Yup! LOL
            Or when we go out, heíll ask, what are you getting? He has his eye on one thing, but usually changes it to what I order. Unless we order a few different things and then share.

Comment

DGS and I both love them and I already know how I will morph what is left into another meal. We made up 4lbs. about a week ago and froze it in different size containers. He said this batch was the best I have ever made but then said maybe because he did all the chopping and dicing of the vegetables that went into it. I told him of course, the magic touch from his fingers.
              Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
              He drew a circle that shut me out.
              But love and I had the wit to win,
              We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I love taking leftover chili and sloppy joe mix and make mini pies in my machine. Makes for killer lefties.

Comment

Weíre still in Burlington WA, working on finalizing our home purchase up here. We did get the house we wanted in Stanwood and weíre very excited. Thereís just a lot of details to handle and weíre new to all of it.

Weíre going to try out a Mexican restaurant in Mt Vernon tonight.

Comment

wow,,that was quick...post some pics, Charlene! Congrats!

Comment

Here you go! The lawns look brown in the neighborhood because there has been no rain for awhile. The furnishings belong to the seller, and the purple pergola goes with the buyer, thank goodness!

https://www.matrix.nwmls.com/DE.asp?ID=27159885847

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                        Here you go! The lawns look brown in the neighborhood because there has been no rain for awhile. The furnishings belong to the seller, and the purple pergola goes with the buyer, thank goodness!

https://www.matrix.nwmls.com/DE.asp?ID=27159885847
                        Beautiful home, Charlene. Like you, I'm glad the purple pergola doesn't stay... *LOL*

Comment

Thank you Chayote!

Comment

very nice Charlene!

Comment

Working...
                            X