Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 14th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Rain is in the forecast along with a high of 81 and the low of 69.

I will be out running errands most of the day and solo tonight so will see what inspires me for my dinner. I do know I will have a dish of peaches with whatever I have.

What will be your middle of the week dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

omg..its mid August already
    beauty day here, no humidity. My niece and her 2 kids are coming to the lake today, so i will hang out with them for the afternoon.
    I actually don't know what I'm making for dinner tonite....but I 'do' know what will be on the table for tomorrows' dinner lol
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

So do I!!! Think we are ahead of ourselves or just plain extremely organized? I will go with the organized!!!!
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I’m solo again, I am making a small pasta dish and homemade blueberry cheesecake ice cream.

Comment

g'day, livetobake... glad that your weather is being kinder.

We had a busy day. I needed to go to Spotlight... a store similar to your Michaels... to buy fabric to make costumes for Immy and Andrew for Book Week. Andrew's is the Very Hungry Caterpillar and Immy's is Spot the dog. I've started Andrew's first because I need to mail it tomorrow for overnight delivery.

I finished off the dinners I made for the family next door and received the first hug I've ever had from the teenage boy... I could feel that it was very heartfelt. I'll make another lot in a fortnight.

John was out playing poker while I was sewing and he just arrived home. I heated up some curried sausages and mashed potato. Earlier I had a Chiko roll.

I'll most likely be up for a long time tonight. I need to get as much of Andrew's costume done as I can. It's going well so far.

I hope everyone has a great day.
          I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Chayote - You will need to post a picture of the costumes you are making. The images of what you have posted before just blows me away.

Your neighbors are in such a sorry position with their Mom. I am happy the teenage boy showed how grateful he was. Makes doing anything for the family worth every effort.

I am going to put together a broccoli and brie quiche that was on the Pioneer Woman's website. Hope it turns out decent.

Comment

Chayote: what is a Chiko roll?

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                Chayote - You will need to post a picture of the costumes you are making. The images of what you have posted before just blows me away..
                g'day, Vera... I will take photos when I've finished. I'm doing an all-nighter on Andrews costume because I need to get it into the post by 4pm. It's 3am now and luckily I'm not at all tired. I can't find my pattern for Andrew's pants so I'm having to pull apart an old pair that I made for him. Wow... I don't make things to come apart and it's proving a lot of work to unpick. Just shows that my Mum taught me well.

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
                  Chayote: what is a Chiko roll?
                  hi, MudderBear... a Chiko roll is an Australian basic food group... or so it seems I'll show you a picture but first tell you that the filling is a combination of minced beef, shredded cabbage, grated carrot and lots of pepper. The outside is like a cornmeal batter. It's generally sold at fish and chip shops and deep fried. I buy them frozen and put them in the airfryer to cut down on the fat. I really like them.

https://nnimgt-a.akamaihd.net/transf..._h678_fmax.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                    Chayote - You will need to post a picture of the costumes you are making. The images of what you have posted before just blows me away..
                    On a side note, the globe in my sewing machine burned out about an hour ago. I've been searching online and think I found the last store (that happens to be in Queensland) that still has them so I bought 3. My sewing machine is 50 years old this year and I hope never to have to replace it. It's the best machine I've ever used.

Comment

Oh yummy, Chayote...those sound really good! I think I'd like those

Comment

We’re still in WA, leaving tomorrow to finish up the packing to move. We sat in during the home inspection this morning, the inspector was very impressed with the condition of the house. It was nice to sit in the living room and envision where our furniture and pictures would go. It feels very much like home already. After the inspection we made our “earnest money” payment at the title office and then did some sightseeing in the general area.

We’re going to go to Outback Steakhouse for dinner tonight, then early to bed to get ready for the airport adventures tomorrow. We still prefer road trips!

Comment

Sounds all went great , and you will be on your way to your new home soon!

Comment

We should be moving by the middle of September! We still have a bunch to do, but it’s down to a manageable level and we know we have a place to go. Whew!

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                              We’re still in WA, leaving tomorrow to finish up the packing to move. We sat in during the home inspection this morning, the inspector was very impressed with the condition of the house. It was nice to sit in the living room and envision where our furniture and pictures would go. It feels very much like home already. After the inspection we made our “earnest money” payment at the title office and then did some sightseeing in the general area.

We’re going to go to Outback Steakhouse for dinner tonight, then early to bed to get ready for the airport adventures tomorrow. We still prefer road trips!
                              Charlene, what is "earnest money"? Is that like a non-refundable deposit to show that you will go ahead with the purchase?

Outback Steakhouse is a good restaurant but don't think for a second that it's Australian food. Not many people here could tell you what a Bloomin' Onion is, despite it being delicious... *LOL*

Comment

Working...
                              X