What's your favorite ice cream?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite ice cream?

I go through phases. Currently I'm hooked on salted caramel/vanilla. I'm a big fan of mint chocolate chip and before that, a chocolate raspberry choco chunk.

Once a month throughout the summer, I host an ice cream social and tomorrow afternoon is the day. It is held in a community room, everyone pays $1 which pays for the "fixin's" for the following month. In the freezer, leftover mini M&Ms, brownie cubes. In the frig, leftover strawberry and chocolate syrups, peanuts, whipped cream (canned), pineapple topping and probably some other stuff. All I have to do is buy a few buckets of ice cream (for tomorrow) and sugar cones (for next month). Prep work is setting out the ice cream for easier scooping, napkins and spoons. I scoop bowls ahead of time to help the lines move faster. Everyone stays for about an hour to socialize, then I wipe down the tables and take out the trash. I LOVE ice cream but seriously - I can't have it in MY house because I have no self control.

Blue Bell Southern Blackberry Cobbler, second is Mint Chocolate chip, third is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough....All Blue Bell

Comment

We don't really eat much ice cream anymore, but when we used to I used to buy Blue Bell. After their negative publicity , stopped buying Blue Bell.
      I now just get HEB ( store ) brand ice cream. David just wants chocolate, I like butter pecan.
      Once in a while I buy the ben and jerry ice cream , they have some great flavors. I just don't like to keep ice cream around the house, because we don't have any will power and will eat it all. LOL

Comment

Hi MaryJo, it is nice seeing you posting.

I have been hooked on mint chocolate chip for years. I try others once in a while but always come back and buy it over other flavors.

I think that is nice of you hosting the social for everyone and I am sure they enjoy it.

Have a good night and day tomorrow!
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Iím not crazy about ice cream like I was when I was younger. But since I have been making homemade ice cream again, that might change. I made a lemon blueberry cheesecake ice cream the other day. TDF! I made a milk chocolate Guinness one that was also TDF recently.

It wonít let me upload a pic for some reason.

Comment

My favorite ice cream has always been and always will be Fosterís Freeze soft serve vanilla ice cream. Itís a California thing, started in 1946 and is only sold in Fosterís Freeze outlets. When I was a little kid there was one on the black my grandmothers house was on, didnít have to cross any streets to get to it. My grandpaís old fat dog used to steal ice cream cones from kids.

When end I can find it, I love Thriftyís chocolate chip and rainbow sherbet. Good vanilla is still the best though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              We don't really eat much ice cream anymore, but when we used to I used to buy Blue Bell. After their negative publicity , stopped buying Blue Bell.
              I now just get HEB ( store ) brand ice cream. David just wants chocolate, I like butter pecan.
              Once in a while I buy the ben and jerry ice cream , they have some great flavors. I just don't like to keep ice cream around the house, because we don't have any will power and will eat it all. LOL
              I really cannot eat full-fat ice cream anymore anyway and since the "licking" incident with Blue Bell, I doubt I'd buy it now unless they sealed it. I just could not find a ice cream with the right mouth feel, except Blue Bell. I don't like the airy, fluffy, ice creams.
              Last edited by AllieK; 08-18-2019, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Cantaloupe ice cream.JPGIn the Summertime my favorite is a homemade cantaloupe ice cream I make.

Comment

Most ice cream flavors are favorites. But not overly fond of peanut butter or mint. I usually gravitate to vanilla/chocolate ripple or rocky road. I have my own machine that also has the built in freezer and I like making strawberry sorbet - delicious.

Hayburner - that cantaloupe ice cream looks divine. I'm coming to your house!!

Comment

ooooh Hayburner! your ice cream looks and sounds very very good!

I don't eat a lot of ice cream any more, but would probably say that a good quality vanilla ice cream is at the top of my list, I sometimes like to top it with some crushed pineapple
                    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by Hayburner In the Summertime my favorite is a homemade cantaloupe ice cream I make. [/B
                      [/SIZE]
                      Hayburner, I'm going tag along with Vera to you house. I love cantaloupe in any form. I used it to make jam one year and it was amazing. The best cantaloupe I ever tasted was one time I was in West Texas and we had cantaloupe that had come from Mexico... it was *the* best.

My go-to icecream is a New Zealand flavour called Hokey Pokey. It's vanilla icecream with little pieces of honey toffee all through.

https://www.mychillybin.co.nz/viewph...100170_459.jpg
                      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Not a big Ice cream fan but at holiday time I buy ice cream for the family
                        and always buy mocha for me. Love the flavor.

Comment

Hokey Pokey looks fantastic~
                          Upcoming ice cream social on "National Ice Cream Cone Day" September 22. I have mint chocolate chip and neapolitan. Hope it has cooled down some by then!

Comment

I'm not a big fan of ice cream.Probably because of working at Baskin Robbins when I was 15 yrs old,it burned me off of it & quickly!There was 1 kind that's no longer made,that I was kind of fond of then.It was Lunar Cheesecake(Sooo delicious!& not too heavy.)

Some other ice cream flavors that I really liked from Baskin Robbins would have been:
                            1.German Chocolate Cake,2.Fudge Brownie or 3.Pumpkin Pie.

DH & I got some Braum's gift cards(for C-mas)so after going to a certain area in our town where Braums was located, we will stop in the drive-thru & get some soft serve yogurt cones(Dh likes vanilla on a sugar cone.Me I prefer a cake cone w/chocolate yogurt.)

I just thought of another ice cream that I liked that could be bought in the grocery store,it was the Weight Watcher's vanilla ice cream.
                            It kind of reminded me of snow ice cream & it was lite,which I prefer.

Comment

Does anyone remember "Pralines & Cream" ice cream?It was really good to.

Comment

Working...
                              X