Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 22nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is raining and muggy out with the high of 81 and the low of 68..

It is a little early for my brain deciding what I want for dinner so if all else fails I will have toast with peanut butter and a nectarine.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Good morning
    humidity all gone.... 55 currently and only up to high of 69 today, hubby is thankful as he was hit with heat stroke yesterday I believe, still not well today
    soooo on that note, I do not know what to make for dinner, probably just some soup and toast
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I hope your DH feels better soon Mudder. It was so humid yesterday that my glasses just kept fogging up every time I came out of a building or my car yesterday so I can't imagine what it felt like for him working out in the heat and humidity.

Comment

We are loving this weather. Just beautiful 80ish in the day and so cool at night around 52. It was so cool last night I had to close one of the doors. Iíve got running to do this morning. Iíve been craving pepperoni pizza. Hopefully I will feel like making it along with salads.

Mudder, hope your DH feels better. It sucks when the heat get you sick! ​​​​​

Comment

Sloppy joes tonight, and spending the rest of the night chasing flies. I brought home a peck of tomatoes last night and my kitchen is now crawling with flies, ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
            Sloppy joes tonight, and spending the rest of the night chasing flies. I brought home a peck of tomatoes last night and my kitchen is now crawling with flies, ugh!
            Muz, are they the little fruit flies? If so, get a small mason jar, add 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and a few drops of dish soap. Cover with foil and poke a few small holes with a toothpick. They will be drawn to it and drown!

Comment

Not fruit flies, regular old house flies. They had to come from the tomato basket because I just cant think of anywhere else they could have come from overnight. Granted the tomatoes were outdoors at the market so it sounds reasonable. The cats will have fun chasing them today I am sure.

Comment

Muz,

I hate the look of them maybe one of those fly strips that you pull out of the container and it is spiral. Brown if I remember correctly and the flies stick on them. Gross looking but years ago when I moved here I swear I was in a fly colony and finally bought several, one in each room and by the next day they were full of them, took down and threw away. Hung up more and got the last of them except a few smarty pants that I nailed myself.

Good luck whatever you do, they are nasty little creatures.

Comment

Meh Hopefully I can just swat them all down with a magazine.

Comment

strips work great except for when you walk into them over and over and over.......
                    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

That s why I do not like them. I put more in a corner after the last time one got in my hair and I will pulling my hair out of one and leaving flies in my hair. Horrid!!!!

Comment

Semi busy today, Ken had to go back to Subaru service and get new tires put on his car this morning. They didnít have them in stock yesterday. I had a doctorís appointment for a regular check up this afternoon, stopped at Penzeys on the way to pick up a couple of freebies. After my check up I went to radiology to get my knee X-ray done for my knee doctor appointment next week. Iím going to see if I can locate my living room rug and get it vacuumed this afternoon. Itís kind of buried under packed boxes. Iíll be so happy when this move is done!

Weíre going to have some meatloaf slices and pasta salad and watermelon for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                        X