What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

Recently, I had a dilemma I didn't know how to handle. I was on a 2-lane highway, both lanes going the same way. I was in the left hand lane passing numerous trucks and cars. I was about mid-way past the line of vehicles and a cop comes up behind me fast. He's right on my bumper, but no lights flashing. It's apparent he wants to get by me. Now, I have 2 choices. Speed up and risk a ticket by going over the speed limit, or slow down and get behind the last car as fast as I can. I chose the latter, but I could have caused an accident doing that. Any input?

I've never had that happen but it would have been scary. I guess I would have at least put my right hand turn signal on to show my intent of moving over. I would have sped up with my turn signal flashing. Maybe one of the slower vehicles would have let you in. I don't think he would have given you a ticket under the circumstances. He just wanted to get past you quickly. I think slowing down would have aggravated him and maybe you could have gotten a ticket for impeding traffic. Tough situation.

Comment

No clue I would have handled that ? That has never happened to me. Speeding up would have been my impulse, but probably would have not been a good choice LOL

Comment

It never happened to me but thinking about it, I would have indicated that I was going to pull over to get out of his way.
        I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Happened to me once, I ended up pulling off the side of the road because getting over was not happening. I should have just made him pass me on the brim, because getting back on the freeway was miserable. I will not pull over again unless the lights are on.

Comment

I probably would have changed lanes as well.
            True story: I was a newcomer to a very small country town. I was on a dirt road at night and a car came up behind me, fast. The car was on my bumper and I sped up; the car sped up. I sped up some more and it sped up more. I didn't want to pull over because it was dark. So I kept driving. Then THE LIGHTS CAME ON. No joke - it was a cop. When he asked for my drivers license and proof of insurance, I handed it over. When the cop came back, he said "do your realize you were speeding?" I said "I wasn't speeding until you were on my tail. I sped up to put distance between us. Every time I sped up, you sped up. I couldn't tell you were a police officer until you turned on the lights/siren. Should I have pulled over at night on a remote road for a complete stranger?"
            I swear the officer turned red. He let me go.

Comment

Glad you spoke up , hopefully he learned his lesson.

Comment

Working...
              X