Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 23rd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

My house if wonderfully cool with windows open and the low of 55. A cool front has come through and I am loving it. The high of 76 and the low of 60.

I will pull some chicken noodle casserole from the freezer and have corn on the cob along with fruit salad.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Nice cool day here, sun shining
    I'm going to take some rhubarb from the freezer and make a crisp with some strawberries I got from the farmers market yesterday. DD is coming up today and she just loves the stuff!
    we have leftover mac & cheese to finish up for dinner tonite
    have a great day everyone - HAPPY FRIDAY
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Nice to be back. I've been MIA due to a bout of flu. It wasn't pleasant at all.

We've been living off meals that I had frozen over the past few months. Tonight John had a stew that was made by our daughter-in-law. I had a sandwich.
      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Cocktails tonight!!!! I manage to kill most of the flies yesterday. I just opened the windows and they gravitated to the fresh air so the majority of them are trapped between the window pane and screen. Hopefully I can just vacuum them up tonight. I washed the whole basket of tomatoes and they were all really clean so I have no clue where these buggers came from, and it was all overnight. I guess I should mosey down to the basement tonight just to make sure the cats didn't kill a rodent and leave it there. I even bleach out my trash can every week so it was not from there.

Comment

TGIF!

Easy peasy, Scott picked up Jimmy John’s for dinner.

Comment

It’s very warm today. We’ve been doing some general straightening up. Ken put the crossbars on the rooftop rack on my car so we can put our car top carrier on it when we move. I did a virtual tour with Allied Van Lines to get an idea how big a truck we need and they’ll have an estimate for me later today. I asked about loading Ken’s car and we’ll get a price with and without. I’ve got one last bulk trash pickup scheduled for Monday, and I called our local newspaper AGAIN to get them to stop delivery. My mom cancelled it in March of 2018 and they’re still delivering it. No wonder they’re losing money!

I mixed up all the goodies for taco salad this morning, all I need to do is chop some lettuce and Doritos and dinner is done.

Comment

Working...
            X