Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 8th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be a high of 72 and the low of 55 with partly sunny skies.

Leftover pork, butternut squash and fruit salad for tonight.

What is your Sunday dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I was making a small batch of chicken noodle soup, then hubs called everyone to come over for dinner without telling me. He assumed since I was baking a cake this morning that I was making it for everyone. It's a good thing though because I probably would eat the whole thing. So chicken soup, pizza and pineapple cake. Picking up some good bread from the Mexican bakery too.

Comment

Good Morning, itís a crisp 49 out there and it feels good! Yay to Fall weather. A high of 71 today. Brunch will be buttermilk pancakes and grilled blueberry maple sausages. I made a fusion marinade yesterday for tonight, hot lime pickle, jerk seasoning and coconut milk with chicken breasts. Scott will grill and I will make my island rice. The marinade comes from a friend years ago who winged it as she wanted something with a lot of flavor and heat.

Muz, that cake sounds yummy! We picked up mini bundt cakes yesterday for a few nights of desserts.

Comment

You hit the nail on the head when you said it's a 'crisp' morning, Bean! I turned the furnace on for 10 minutes when I woke up. Not liking this chilly weather at all
        Roast beef dinner day here, picked up a cauliflower at the farmers market, potatoes and gravy.
        I acquired a ricer awhile back and I just LOVE it for the potatoes
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Mudder, We are so loving this weather. After FL weather ack, this is just perfect. LOL

Your dinner sounds great! I have a ricer too but rarely use it. I used it for mashed yucca (amazing) or homemade gnocchi and I havenít made either in a long time.

Comment

I completely forgot, I think I have a river in the basement

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
              I completely forgot, I think I have a river in the basement
              LOL at the river in the basement!

I'm going to attempt a "small" pan of Lasagna today.

Comment

muz,, if by a small river you mean that your foundation is leaking I am so there. I have spent what seems like forever looking for contractors that would help me with my walls. I have a carpenter and a company that does mortar and foundations. I am feeling sick at the price, but they are digging down the foundation and it will be exposed all around the house, pressured washed, sealed, pipes, gravel and the some dirt. Then into the basement with fixing and waterproofing the walls. Porches are coming off and on and on. The carpenter was here doing some things ahead of time and I will literally be walking the plank for exit and entrance into my house for at least week if not longer. I am not impressed at the massive undertaking and bill that equals the national debit or at least seems that way.

Hopefully you do not mean that but something that is an easy fix and less costly.

Comment

On my goodness auto correct has made a river out of the ricer I have forgotten about in the basement lol. Live it's about 12 thousand for a waterproof job. I will not keep a home for a rental of it has a basement.

Comment

Better a ricer then a river!!!!!

Comment

Weíve been busy since the early morning getting all the last minute stuff done. We got the car top carrier put on my car, loaded up all the dishes, pots and pans, clothes, everything! We still have more last minute stuff but we should finish up later this evening.

I ordered Dominoís pizza and hot wings for delivery.

Comment

Working...
                      X