Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 10th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a cool morning but the weather will heat up over the week they say. A sunny day with the high of 81 and the low of 60.

I am pulling chili from the freezer and making some cornbread waffles. Easy meal but a good one.

Will your meal tonight be easy or more labor intensive?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Good Morning, a cool morning here as well, high of 78.

Scott loves when I make chili over cornbread waffles LTB. Once we get colder weather it will be on the menu.

I’m not sure on dinner, Scott wants Greek and I want pizza. Maybe a Greek pizza? LOL

Comment

I have some frozen cheese ravioli that I will boil up, then fry in butter. Some brussel sprouts on the side.

Comment

It was slightly warmer today so John did some work in our garage. We are trying to downsize and he still has equipment from when we ran our own business 12 years ago. I'm relieved that he's finally letting them go. I have things in the garage too and will look at it tomorrow. Most likely it will all go in a skip.

Tonight we had our grocery delivery so I will be cooking spaghetti sauce and curried sausages to put in the freezer in meal-sized portions. Gordon is cooking tomorrow as well so as usual we will swap meals between us for variety.

Dinner was grilled sausages, onion and asparagus from Gordon's garden. Our coffee club was interesting and normally Gordon goes home at 9.30pm but we lost track of time and it was almost 11pm. John and I were teasing him because when he was out today paying his bills he revealed that he still writes cheques. Old habits die hard apparently. It must be 15 years since I wrote a cheque. We talked a lot about gardening tonight. We hired a new gardener to start on Friday morning. Hopefully he's better than the last one we had.
        I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

I would starve to death if I had to eat curry anything. We were really poor growing up so my brother would make everything curry so I wouldn't eat it and he could have it all.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
            I would starve to death if I had to eat curry anything. We were really poor growing up so my brother would make everything curry so I wouldn't eat it and he could have it all.
            Nice brother... We enjoy curried sausages and I add lots of vegetables. It's more a sweet curry than hot.

Comment

I write checks - lots of them. My checks are free and I still put a stamp on the envelope. All bills - I pay nothing online Chayote - how do you pay service people that come to your home to fix something - credit card? I also never put outgoing mail in my mail box. Back in 2015, I mailed 4 birthday cards including one to Germany - none arrived. In 2017 my neighbor mailed me a birthday card - wonder where it is at? I drive all my mail to the post office (10 miles or 17 miles - depending which one I go to) and walk it inside the post office - never the outside box. Haven't had a problem since.

Comment

I adore Indian curries but don't care for Thai curry, and I don't know what curried sausage is. What spices are in this, Chayote?
                I probably will skip supper and just snack later, but for lunch I had a ham & Swiss on seeded rye. I have cucumbers and green peppers to munch on tonight.

Oh, what a beautiful day here! It is around 95 and the coolest it has been in ages! We might even be blessed with rain! When I was at the store earlier, I bought a large yellow mum that is now gracing my entry table. I had a doctor appointment early morning (PCP, not onc) and feel good that my BP is normal, and my heart sounds fine. I see the Oncologist in 2 weeks, hoping for an all-clear for another 6 months. Life is good. Don't waste it, my friends!

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                  I write checks - lots of them. My checks are free and I still put a stamp on the envelope. All bills - I pay nothing online Chayote - how do you pay service people that come to your home to fix something - credit card? I also never put outgoing mail in my mail box. Back in 2015, I mailed 4 birthday cards including one to Germany - none arrived. In 2017 my neighbor mailed me a birthday card - wonder where it is at? I drive all my mail to the post office (10 miles or 17 miles - depending which one I go to) and walk it inside the post office - never the outside box. Haven't had a problem since.
                  I pay everything online, the only place I write a check is to the girl who does my hair / nails. She accepts credit card but charges extra.
                  We pay all the service people with credit cards or debit cards. Service people these days almost have to accept credit cards if they want to do business.
                  I put outgoing mail in our mail box. We have a community mail center. Everybody has their own mailbox and then there is a box for the outgoing mail, everything is locked. Been doing this for close to 20 years now and never had any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

I pay everything online, the only place I write a check is to the girl who does my hair / nails. She accepts credit card but charges extra.
                    We pay all the service people with credit cards or debit cards. Service people these days almost have to accept credit cards if they want to do business.
                    I put outgoing mail in our mail box. We have a community mail center. Everybody has their own mailbox and then there is a box for the outgoing mail, everything is locked. Been doing this for close to 20 years now and never had any problems.
                    Like you, Sabine, I pay all my bills online. Plumbers, electricians, etc. are happy to receive payment by direct transfer into their bank accounts or if that's not suitable to them, they just take my credit card number. When I order my groceries online I pay using PayPal. In all the years that I've used the internet to pay my bills and using my credit card in Australia, USA and Canada I've only had one problem. My credit card was skimmed about a year ago and was used to purchase about $1,000 worth of ITune vouchers. The bank picked it up immediately and cancelled my card, replaced it the next day and refunded the $1,000 all within 24 hours. Our mail goes into our mail box at the front of our property... it has a keyed lock and if anyone stole our mail they would only get bills which they would be welcome to...

Speaking of cheques, while cleaning out some old papers in the garage John found a cheque payable to me from the Australian Taxation Department from 12 years ago. I had never seen it before. We can get the cheque reissued so the money is not lost. Glad he found it and it didn't go through the shredder... *LOL*

Comment

I pay everything I possibly can online, either using debit card or Pay Pal. I so rarely write checks and I never mailed anything from home. Some years back we had a bunch of bills stolen from our mailbox and the bills didn’t get paid. I got it all straightened out but I’ve never paid bills by mail since.

We’re just south of Sacramento in Elk Grove tonight. We got a late start, didn’t leave until 2:45 pm. We got stuck on I-5 in the Newhall Pass area because of a big rig crash and fire on the northbound I-5. It took us over an hour to go 2 miles. We saw the truck, the van was literally a burned out shell that was reduced to cinders. I swear, that traffic mess was like So Cal flipped us the finger one last time! We just laughed it off because we won’t be having much of that in the future. We got to the hotel about 10:30 pm. We had Triscuits and canned spray cheese on the road.

Comment

Working...
                      X