What do you consider large??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This post is on behalf of Vera. She says:

"We too live in a rural area and a young man took a drone shot about three years ago. You can see the main house, a separate two car garage to the left and a shed which matches the house to the right. My husband built the gazebo down by the water. No wonder we don't go on vacation very often."

https://i.imgur.com/DN9t5px.jpg
    Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day.
    Adults only laugh 15-100 times a day.
    Be six again!

Comment

Wow, what a beautiful house , really an estate. I don't think I would want to leave there either.

Comment

beautiful, Vera
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Sabine, how wonderful to have a maid! Vera, your place sounds awesome! I'm glad you started this thread - it is an interesting one. I echo what has been said about taxes - why pay taxes on extra space that is unused.

Comment

Thank you for the compliments Sabine, MudderBear and Maryjo. Our county taxes us pretty stiff due to waterfront. We have owned the property since 1983 but didn't build our house until 1996. You certainly forget about the outside world when home. Especially when the eagles and osprey start an air fight due to one of the birds having a fish in their talons or claws - pretty entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryJo View Post
              Sabine, how wonderful to have a maid! Vera, your place sounds awesome! I'm glad you started this thread - it is an interesting one. I echo what has been said about taxes - why pay taxes on extra space that is unused.
              Yes, I enjoy having household help. I hired Delores when we bought this house, I was still working, and didn't want to spend my weekends cleaning a house. Basically we bought / hired her with the house so to speak , no regrets there. Her husband is a part time handy man for us and we appreciate all they do for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
                This post is on behalf of Vera. She says:

"We too live in a rural area and a young man took a drone shot about three years ago. You can see the main house, a separate two car garage to the left and a shed which matches the house to the right. My husband built the gazebo down by the water. No wonder we don't go on vacation very often."

https://i.imgur.com/DN9t5px.jpg
                Gorgeous! Beautiful!

Comment

There is a small home/cottage on our lake that is for sale. Our son in law and daughter are considering purchasing as an investment. It's crazy...when my FIL owned it, he sold it for $269 in 2000, Now it is listed for $995. Not a large home, not much property. It's been totally revamped, and looks amazing. We shall see.....
                  A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

That’s a beautiful home Vera!

Comment

Vera, you know that I love your home, inside and out. I can imagine being in your guest area if I ever get myself fit enough to get back on a plane...
                      Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day.
                      Adults only laugh 15-100 times a day.
                      Be six again!

Comment

Working...
                      X