Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 11th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is so mild out with a low of 68 at the moment. It will be a muggy high of 88 and the low of 69.

Today is my out and about for most of the day. I am visiting the apple orchard today as the mackintosh apples and Cortland are being picked and those are my baking ones. The combination of the two makes for killer applesauce that DGS is waiting for.

I will see what the day brings which in turn will bring something into my mind for dinner.

What will you be having tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Good morning overcast here but very warm and muggy...I'll take it!
    have to finish up a bit of roast beef, hubby sugguested hot beef sandwiches, oven fries & peas...sounds good to me

speaking of apples - MacIntosh are my favourite
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Good Morning, it is a very nice morning. We were up way early. High of 77. I ended up making a pepperoni and jalapeņo pizza last night. Leftovers with a salad tonight.

Comment

Grilling some cheese burgers tonight with some rice a roni.

Comment

hello all... hope your Wednesday is a good one.

We had our coffee club before eating dinner tonight. We just weren't hungry enough to eat earlier. Again we talked about gardens and what we are going to plant in our vegetable gardens. No use both of us planting the same things. John wants me to plant peas so he can eat them raw while he waters. I also want to plant parsnips.

For dinner John had a steak sandwich with bacon, onion and egg. I had a small piece of steak and green beans.

Tomorrow is Kinder Gym and hopefully also on Friday to make up one of the days she missed.
          I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Live and Mudder = I am a MacIntosh fan! I grew up on the East coast and it was a staple there. Many think it is too mushy, but I LOVE them and will buy TOO MANY when they are in the stores.

It was so nice this morning I was able to take a walk without roasting or sweating. It is just a little mother nature joke, as it will get too hot again in a week. I started some seed for gardening (it is the desert season)
            and put the seedlings outside today to get used to the heat. It's just peas and cucumbers, and they will be put in pots.

Dinner - I'm eating it now. Fritos and con queso, and a grapefruit citrus soda (Zevia brand).

Comment

I am making a marinated chicken breast that I bought at the store yesterday and heat up some biscuits with it. And some fresh fruit.

Comment

We left the Sacramento area about 9:45 am, stopped in Redding to buy gas, used up my Vons gas points at the Safeway station there and continued on. We are in Roseburg OR for the night, actually pulled in before dark and had a real meal tonight. We went to a place called Loggers, Ken had a huge burger and mac and cheese, I had a smoked tri-tip sandwich that was so darn good and mac and cheese. The place was crowded and noisy but good. I had hoped to see Joshua here but we found out he’s in Portland to get his 2nd surgery on his throat tomorrow morning. We’ll try to see him tomorrow. He said the scans don’t show that it has spread beyond the one area, which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                  We left the Sacramento area about 9:45 am, stopped in Redding to buy gas, used up my Vons gas points at the Safeway station there and continued on. We are in Roseburg OR for the night, actually pulled in before dark and had a real meal tonight. We went to a place called Loggers, Ken had a huge burger and mac and cheese, I had a smoked tri-tip sandwich that was so darn good and mac and cheese. The place was crowded and noisy but good. I had hoped to see Joshua here but we found out he's in Portland to get his 2nd surgery on his throat tomorrow morning. We'll try to see him tomorrow. He said the scans don't show that it has spread beyond the one area, which is good.
                  Promising news about Joshua, Charlene... it's such a horrible disease to deal with. Prayers that it all goes well and that you will see him.

How much further do you have to drive?
                  I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Working...
                  X