Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is dark and dreary at the moment but I have am hoping for sunshine along with the high of 46 and the low of 38. More rain predicted.

I am making salmon patties, baked sweet potatoes, peas, and have some apples in the crockpot cooking for warm chunky applesauce.

What will be your meal this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

livetobake - I also have apples in my crock pot right now cooking for applesauce. Cinnamon optional after they are cooked down. I only had 1/2 cup water and no added sugar. I then smooch them but leave chunks for better texture.

Winging it for dinner. Need to use food from the freezer(s). I just seem to overbuy when things go on sale and I have no more room in 3 refrigerator freezers and 2 medium size deep freezers.

Comment

Vera,

Because I have cider that is what I used instead of water as it just intensifies the flavor. The cinnamon in already on the apples and the aroma drives DGS crazy all day because as the apples cook down I add more and end up with a lot so I can freeze some.

I also buy the small bottles of apples juice in apple season so if I don't have cider I can use the apple juice in sauce and also in my baked apples.

Just eating an apple is a good thing also. Apples and I are like peas and carrots, we go good together.

Comment

That sounds good. I didn't have any cider or juice so I had to add the water. Next time I am at the store, I will buy cider or juice to intensify the flavor. I am giving half of today's sauce to my neighbor who still had to stay on soft food. She is doing well though after all she has been through this April.

Comment

I am happy hearing she is doing well. I am sure she will enjoy the applesauce as homemade is the best.

It is just me but I put a dash of fresh grated nutmeg in mine also. I had been making apple pies for freezing and without thinking I grated some into the apples in the crockpot and while I was stirring them realized what I had done. I knew it would not be bad but was surprised at the background flavor it added. So my goof up has become the norm for me now.

Comment

Good afternoon
            very grey and blah today...just the way I feel lol!
            DS#2 and his wife are coming for dinner since they missed out when we had our TG family dinner
            I have a small ham in the oven as well as home made 'cheater' scalloped potatoes, asparagus & carrots on the side
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It’s been a very nice day today. We’ve mostly been goofing off all day, did vacuum the rugs and dust mopped the floors. This new place is so much easier to keep clean! I ordered some new dishes today from Bed Bath & Beyond, the dishes we have are all chipped in multiple places and I’m frankly sick of looking at them. I have been wanting the Pfalzgraff Painted Poppies pattern for ages so that’s what I ordered.

We’re going to try out the Moose Creek BBQ in Arlington for dinner tonight.

Comment

Working...
              X