Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 11th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is so mild out and "They" say a high of 65?!!! We shall see.

I am still thinking about dinner. Sometimes I just do not feel like cooking.

On a side note, I may not be on for a few days as I am changing my computer and have no idea yet what I will have. I do know seeing if I can figure it out will be a challenge for me. I will be back but just not sure when I will or when I will be gone.

What will you be having tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Hello
    its raining here and supposed to turn to freezing rain id afternoon. We were supposed to going to a family get together and stay over nite, but its been cancelled due to weather. I have everything I need to make a pot of chili for dinner, comforting on this damp day.
    Happy Saturday
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Chicken and rice casserole. Larry is on the three day pre-colonoscopy diet. I am racking my brain trying to come up with ideas that will fill him up, but are still on his diet.

Comment

AngID - Three day pre-colonoscopy diet? Usually it is only the day before that you are restricted. Not quite sure what type of diet he would have to be on. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
          AngID - Three day pre-colonoscopy diet? Usually it is only the day before that you are restricted. Not quite sure what type of diet he would have to be on. Good luck.
          I’m getting mine done in a couple of weeks and there are definitely diet restrictions for a few days before the nasty liquid prep. No whole grains, no seeds, no red meat, a few other things. Not looking forward to it but it’s got to be done.

Comment

It’s been a lazy kind of day today, haven’t accomplished a darn thing all day, which is just fine.

We going to pick up a Papa Murphy’s pizza in a bit. The last one we had was excellent, but we weren’t crazy about the original crust, so this one will be the thin crust. It should be much better!

Comment

I have had several of those colonoscopy's done, I have a family history of colon cancer.
              I have never had a 3 day diet restriction before the procedure. Basically just a liquid diet for about a day , day and a half, depending on what time of day the procedure is scheduled. I usually just stick to clear chicken broth , and jello, no not filling, but you will survive. I thought maybe I would lose a pound or two, but no, that didn't happen.

Comment

Whenever my husband and I have had a scheduled colonoscopy and are on a restricted diet such as chicken broth, I go to a Chinese restaurant and get their wonton soup without the wontons!! Their chicken broth tastes so much better than broth out of a can. Actually, it is quite tasty.

Comment

Probably anything out of a can is not that great, but I have never thought about getting wonton soup , without wontons, you could just always take them out. great idea, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Sabine - The reason I ask for the soup without wontons is because the wontons displace too much broth. Yes, I could take the wontons out myself, but then I would only have half the broth. Our restaurants put about 6 to 8 wontons in the container. Without the wontons, I get a lot of broth.

Comment

https://wa.kaiserpermanente.org/html...ogy/colon-diet

Much different than when I had my last one, as well. I just had to drink the vile stuff the day before.

Comment

g'day, Vera...

John had to have special food for three days before the last colonoscopy he had. He had to have soups, jelly, etc. and the most important thing, for him anyway, was no artificial colouring in anything he had. For the three days he lived on chicken broth and lemonade icypoles (ice lollies?) and only clear lemonade (Sprite?) to drink.

Edited to say I just noticed that my Posts: 12345 *LOL* I've probably messed it up now though
                        I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Working...
                        X