Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 12th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is still cloudy with rain off and on with the high of 60 and the low of 38. It was so warm out yesterday I sat on the porch without a coat or jacket on. It was windy but very mild for this time of year. Even being cloudy and raining off and on I was so happy sitting out.

I have some meatballs in the crock pot and will make meatballs sandwiches and a salad tonight.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Looks like you got your new computer connected, or did you hire someone to do it for you ? Just wondering, considering the statement you posted yesterday about not being on for a while.

Comment

It was raining this morning, now it’s just windy and cold. We’re supposed to drop another 10 tomorrow too. It’s been a quiet day today, I’ve been reading and we’re getting ready to watch the Seahawks vs Packers game. This is definitely Seahawk fan country, no matter where you go you’ll see at least a dozen people in Seahawk gear! We had ours before we moved up here.

We’re going to have more of the chicken and stuffing casserole tonight and maybe some salad or fruit.

Comment

Charlene, aren't you tired of the weather yet? Seems like it is all cold, rainy, snowy or all the above? What a change from California for you.
        I have a friend who lived in Seattle area and they told me that is the kind of weather you have from now on until mid march , if not longer.
        I don't mind a rainy or cold day , but not every day. Have you made some friends ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          Charlene, aren't you tired of the weather yet? Seems like it is all cold, rainy, snowy or all the above? What a change from California for you.
          I don't mind a rainy or cold day , but not every day. Have you made some friends ?
          No, we’re really not tired of it at all. We knew what the weather was like up here, and the payoff for the rain is some of the most gorgeous country you’ll find anywhere. Yes, it’s way different than CA but not in a bad way. We were so tired of the weeks on end of heat, the drought, the lack of greenery and most especially the soul sucking traffic and overcrowded neighborhoods. It is so peaceful and beautiful here. We have a view of Puget Sound, Camano Island, the Cascades and Olympic mountain ranges, magnificent 100’ tall red cedar trees all over our neighborhood and beautiful rivers. Every time we go out we marvel at how much we love it here. Keep in mind, we’ve been coming up here for vacations for many years in all kinds of seasons and it never stopped us wanting to move here.

We we have met some great folks up here too. We just joined a classic car club based in our town and they’re very active all year, going all kinds of interesting places. Our 1938 Ford streetrod fits right in!

Comment

Working...
          X