Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 13th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is dark and dreary and mostly cloudy today with the high of 44 and the low of 33.

I think today will be my last post for awhile as I will be "unplugged" today.

I have no idea what dinner will be. Toast with peanut butter and a dish of a banana and blueberries probably.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

livetobake: are you getting a new computer or having yours fixed?
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

You should get a Kindle, they are cheap and will let you do everything you need. Sheet pan chicken sausage and sweet potato for dinner.

Comment

Just get an I-phone ( yes, I know more expensive ) but then you have it all in one , phone calls, email , text , sink it with your printer and you can print things out if you need to. Just wanted to add that putting money into an old PC for repair is really a waste of money, well that is my opinion anyway.
        Last edited by Sabine; 01-13-2020, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I hate using my phone for things, Even with bifocals that stuff it just to small for me.

Comment

I just got an I-pad Air for Christmas, I love it. Of course there is no phone system on it, but everything else and it is a bit bigger then a kindle. Yes, I also have a kindle fire, but to be honest I just play games on it, never downloaded a book , but yes, it has everything you can do on computer / I-pad , you can do on Kindle. I finally got rid of my old PC and basically use my laptop for email and doing research and office work.

Comment

I have the 10 in kindle, I wish the Kindle paperwhite came in a bigger size because I really like reading on that thing.

Comment

I had to look up Kindle paperwhite, hadn't heard about it. Looks great and it is certainly bigger then the Kindle fire that I have. But I bought this Kindle fire that I have about 4/5 years ago, so I am not up to date on what Kindle has come up with lately. But since I just play games on it, I don't want to spend too much $$$ on a Kindle.

Comment

Years ago John insisted on having a Kindle and our children bought him one for Christmas. He's never used it. He can barely use a TV remote control and even then he keeps pressing the wrong buttons... *LOL* The Christmas just gone he got his first smart phone and boy can he mess it up! He has the latest 5G Samsung with the fancy camera. I'm going to borrow it when I take photos for listing my eBay stuff. People have to call him three times before getting through on his phone because he accidentally cuts off the first two efforts. He's still learning how to swipe.

I still love my desktop but also have an old laptop that works just fine. Also have a Samsung tablet that I mainly play games on. My son only uses his tablet and phone to access the 'net. I think the days of desktop computers are limited.
                  I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

remember BluJ who used to be here until she sadly passed away? She only had a tablet. We used to 'talk' in PM and we flattened her battery on a daily basis...
                    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

yes,those batteries don't last forever . I keep my Kindle plugged in , outlet is in my living room. I just bought a new battery for my laptop. I plug my laptop in at night. During the day I just run the laptop with the battery. Unless of course I get a message telling me to find a "source " , meaning plug the thing in my phone also gets charged in the late afternoon and I have my cell with me at night , on my
                      night stand.
                      David got an I-phone from his son for Christmas. He is still learning, but he has learned how to swipe, not to punch, which is what he likes to do, don't ask me why . He doesn't text, doesn't take pictures, at least not yet. He is seriously thinking about taking a class at the Apple store to learn more about the I-phone, I think that is a very good idea.
                      Yes, I remember BlueJ , we have lost so many nice people who used to be on CK.
                      I have to agree with you Chayote, I think more and more people are ditching their PC's and just having a tablet and a phone or just a phone.
                      My kids think I am crazy having a laptop, kindle, I-pad and phone , my Son in law tells me " you only need one" I know that, but I want it all.
                      Last edited by Sabine; 01-13-2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

We haven’t had an actual computer since early 2015. Once I got an iPhone I do everything on it. Ken and I both have iPhones and iPads. He uses the pad more than his phone, I use my phone more than the pad. They’re all synced so that things I save in Notes, like all my recipes, are available on both devices. We bought a WiFi printer a couple of years ago and can print from any of the devices. I pay all my bills online, do all my orders online, track all my packages online, communicate online etc. I don’t see us ever going back to a laptop or desk computer. We will be upgrading to the iPhone 11’s in a couple of months.

Comment

We got snow last night, probably about an inch or do. It’s staying around because the temperature hasn’t gone above 30 all day. Abby actually didn’t mind going out in it to do her business at all. She went out, did a full sniff job on the whole snowy back yard and didn’t really want to come back in. She’s got thick fur so we don’t need to put a jacket on her. Otherwise, we’ve stayed in and I’m trying to finish up the book I’m reading.

I’m going to make a milder spiced version of Shrimp Creole and some brown rice and quinoa. Neither of us like cayenne pepper so I’m going to use either Old Bay or Cajun Seasoning in it instead.
                          Sign in to iCloud to access your photos, videos, documents, notes, contacts, and more. Use your Apple ID or create a new account to start using Apple services.

Comment

I don’t think that link is going to work, tried to edit it out. It can’t get it to go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                              David got an I-phone from his son for Christmas. He is still learning, but he has learned how to swipe, not to punch, which is what he likes to do, don't ask me why . He doesn't text, doesn't take pictures, at least not yet. He is seriously thinking about taking a class at the Apple store to learn more about the I-phone, I think that is a very good idea.
                              Maybe that's what John needs. He doesn't have a gentle touch with his new phone because he's used to using an old phone that had buttons to press and as the phone got older, he pressed harder. Because he holds his finger on an icon for too long he ends up moving it and then he can't find it...

Comment

Working...
                              X