January 15th Dinner Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 15th Dinner Post

Whatcha all making for dinner? I am picking up Chipotle on the way home. I have a stinking ear infection and my whole face hurts. Hopefully these antibiotics kick in and I am not dying again tomorrow. I can wait to get home and put on my jammies and cuddle with the kitties.

Sorry about your ear infection, they can be so painful. Hope the med will kick in soon.
    No clue what we will have for dinner. Had my car in to the dealership for a brake recall, so I didn't go to the grocery store today and I didn't take any thing out of the freezer. So I think it will be some kind of take out, YUM

Comment

Cold day here, it cleared up for awhile earlier and we were able to go out and buy a snow shovel, get to the bank and stop at the store and get some onions. I can’t believe I actually ran out of them! It started snowing hard again about 10 minutes ago, but we’re nice and cozy inside. What surprised us is Abby seems to like wandering around in the snow. We don’t let her stay out long but she comes back in feeling really frisky!

I’m going to make something I haven’t made in a long time, creamed chicken on toast. I used to make creamed tuna, and I loved it, but I can’t eat tuna anymore, so I’ll make creamed chicken. We’ll have green salad with it.

Comment

I make creamed chicken often and vacuum seal it. When I make a pot of stock from thighs, I pick the meat and toss it into the crockpot with a can of cream of some stuff and a packet of onion soup. I like to add a bag of the frozen peas/carrot/corn bean mix and use it in a bubble up.

Comment

Mmmm, sounds good!

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
            Cold day here, it cleared up for awhile earlier and we were able to go out and buy a snow shovel, get to the bank and stop at the store and get some onions. I can’t believe I actually ran out of them! It started snowing hard again about 10 minutes ago, but we’re nice and cozy inside. What surprised us is Abby seems to like wandering around in the snow. We don’t let her stay out long but she comes back in feeling really frisky!

I’m going to make something I haven’t made in a long time, creamed chicken on toast. I used to make creamed tuna, and I loved it, but I can’t eat tuna anymore, so I’ll make creamed chicken. We’ll have green salad with it.
            Charlene , creamed chicken on toast, really, LOL, reminds me of SOS ( military term ) beef in cream gravy over toast , I think you know what SOS stands for .

Comment

Creamed chicken sounds kinda good to me! How do you make it Charlene?
              We had some leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes. There was only a tiny bit of potatoes and I was going to throw them out - hubby saved them, so I added crisp bacon pieces, grated cheddar, little pieces of cooked broccoli, red onion, garlic and fried them up in little cakes. Sooooo darn delish!
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Sabine, I guess you could say it’s a lot like SOS! It’s one of those comfort foods for me. I used to make creamed tuna on toast but developed an allergy to tuna some time back.

Mudderbear, what I do is make a basic creamy white sauce using butter, flour and milk and add some finely chopped onion to it and then add the chicken and anything else you’re adding. I always add about a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to it. I’m thinking about adding some capers to it and possibly some cheese. You can add peas if desired too. It’s very similar to creamed dried beef on toast only I’m using Costco canned chicken breast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Charlene , creamed chicken on toast, really, LOL, reminds me of SOS ( military term ) beef in cream gravy over toast , I think you know what SOS stands for .
                  SOS... I'm guessing it's not Save Our Souls. More like Same Old Sh...

We had a simple meal last night... hot dog in bread with raw mild onion and I had tomato sauce but John doesn't like any sauces.

We are without our car... it's in getting repaired and so far it's been gone since just after New Year. I'll give them until next Monday before I make a complaint. Gordon is being my taxi driver when I need something from a local shop.
                  I get more housework done in 10 minutes before someone comes over than I do in a week!

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

SOS... I'm guessing it's not Save Our Souls. More like Same Old Sh...
                    You were close Chayote! Legend has it that it means Sh.. on a Shingle!

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post

You were close Chayote! Legend has it that it means Sh.. on a Shingle!
                      I've never heard that one, Charlene and Sabine. But then again Australians don't really know about shingles...
                      I get more housework done in 10 minutes before someone comes over than I do in a week!

Comment

Working...
                      X