Not Bad At All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Bad At All

Had to go to my regular grocery store and although there were some empty shelves, overall not bad at all. Two products I was looking for - Heinz Ketchup and Wolf Chili were sold out but right next were no name brands of ketchup and Hormel Chili which had many containers sitting there. However, I don't buy those brands. There was plenty of bread and produce but low on meat. Also had to go to Walmart for R/X and they had what my regular grocery didn't have so it was a win-win for me. I was second in line at both stores. It must be the Luck Of The Irish today.

I went to the Mexican grocer and they had plenty of meat, no eggs. I think they dont sell them. They didnt have low carb tortillas, but hubs will eat the regular ones. Also the bakery's were open and they had bread. I skipped the grocery stores, they are pack and there is nothing I really need.

Comment

I went to 2 different stores today and basically just found a little bread, some bacon for my pinto beans ...if I need to start cooking those, and cat food and cat litter. The only meat there were the odd things. Shelves were mostly empty. Produce section was almost empty. Paper product aisles were empty, alcohol was gone, etc. I think I could last a week or two if I had to stay home

Comment

Vera , what time of the day did you go to your store ? Early in the morning ?
        My store opens at 8 am and if I get there by 7:30 and get in line , I have a good chance of getting what I need. I even found some Clorox wipes at Walmart today, I am not a walmart shopper at all, but I saw on the internet that they had the wipes , so I made a run. My walmart is less then 5 min from my house, store was not crowded at all.

Comment

Sabine - I was at Giant Food around noon time so that is what surprised me because I expected to find it difficult to find a parking spot but the lot was just normal like any other day. Needed to go to Walmart to pick up an R/X and while there found other items that weren't at my regular grocer. The closest shopping for me is 12 miles so when I am out, I have to make it worth my while.

Comment

My regular grocery store didn't have Heinz ketchup or Hellman's mayo, but I found it at our local CVS store, go figure
            Again I don't usually shop CVS, but in a pinch .....

Comment

I'm going to brave the supermarket tomorrow. Apparently I have to estimate 1.5m and keep that distance from any people, I need to wear my delightful latex gloves until I get back to the car and then wash my hands again when I get home. The supermarkets tried to open an hour earlier for aged pensioners because we are at the top of the 'at risk' part of the population but other people barged in and couldn't be stopped. They then opened their website to take details of people at risk and in need of deliveries. I registered three days ago and haven't heard anything back yet.

I'm mainly going out for bread but I'll be so close to Woolworths I'm going to try and get some watermelon, frozen peas, LL milk and pasta. I'll make fresh pasta if I can't get any tomorrow. I'm craving for watermelon!
              http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/eating/eat-watermelon.gif
              I find it easier to organise chores into categories...
              things I won't do now; things I won't do later and things I will never do.

Comment

Our local markets are having specific days and hours set aside for seniors and disabled customers. I took advantage of that this morning to fill in items that I need for the next couple of weeks and to get a few extras. I had no problem buying ground beef, picked up 3 pounds of good beef in the sealed “chubs”, tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, corn meal, salt, smoked sausage, eggs and bread. The store was very well stocked for the most part and I got everything on my list plus a few things that weren’t. I shouldn’t need to do any shopping for at least 10 days.

They had staff at the door offering offering sterile gloves and masks to customers. I went in gloved and masked and I noticed almost all customers were at minimum wearing gloves. Only problem I had with the mask was I couldn’t wear my glasses because they steamed up so badly. Good thing I can see well enough to read labels without my glasses!

Comment

I wish my local store would have specific days and hours for seniors and disabled people , yes I would take advantage of that, even so I don't have any problems walking the store. But so far I haven't heard anything about that.

Comment

Working...
                  X