Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 19th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be a day of rain and clouds with the high of 66 and the low of 62.

I am deciding if I want soup from the freezer or roast beef and gravy from the freezer for beef and noodles. Serious debate going on here.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I am making a Cuban pork roast over sweet potato. We have tons of running around today so its an easy crock pot meal.

Comment

Had a crazy couple of days with this self-isolation... something I'm not used to doing. I'm back to cooking dinners again now. I'm looking forward to tomorrow... I get to put on a pair of latex gloves and go to the bakery to buy bread! The bakery, along with a lot of retailers, are now only accepting 'tap and go' cards for payment... no cash and no cards requiring the use of the keypad on their EFPOS machines.

For dinner we had crumbed flathead fillets, chips, beans from the garden and salad which included our tomatoes and cucumbers. We are so happy to still have our own vegetables in the garden and during the week we will tip out one of the potato pots.

https://i.imgur.com/EUhBAyt.jpg

I find it easier to organise chores into categories...
      things I won't do now; things I won't do later and things I will never do.

Comment

Your dinner looks good, I think we will have a frozen TV dinner tonight. Went to Walmart today , looking for ground beef , I got the last package, Walmart is limiting one pkg of meat per person, that means you have to make a decision , it will be either beef, pork or chicken. I really don't feel like cooking to begin with, this is a nightmare and I want to wake up. I am sure everybody feels the same way.

Comment

Chayote - Wow, that is what I call a beautiful, full plate. Heck, you don't need any restaurant meals when you have something like that at home. Hope you have some potatoes hidden in your pots. It will almost be like Christmas to see what is under the dirt. Please let us know. Thanks for posting your pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            this is a nightmare and I want to wake up. I am sure everybody feels the same way.
            I think the same every day when I wake up. Being apart from Immy is breaking my heart. I'm keeping John busy with Lego.

Speaking of Lego, I stumbled across this online today. So funny...

https://i.imgur.com/AhuDbgZ.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
              Chayote - Wow, that is what I call a beautiful, full plate. Heck, you don't need any restaurant meals when you have something like that at home. Hope you have some potatoes hidden in your pots. It will almost be like Christmas to see what is under the dirt. Please let us know. Thanks for posting your pictures.
              We really enjoyed our dinner tonight... For a couple of nights we just had toast and bananas. I had a two-day headache that I couldn't shake.

If there are no potatoes beneath the soil, I know John will be very disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

I think the same every day when I wake up. Being apart from Immy is breaking my heart. I'm keeping John busy with Lego.

Speaking of Lego, I stumbled across this online today. So funny...

https://i.imgur.com/AhuDbgZ.jpg
                LOL, that is cute, most kids probably are not going to understand how serious this all is, but the Lego's are cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

LOL, that is cute, most kids probably are not going to understand how serious this all is, but the Lego's are cute.
                  It's not a real Lego box... it's just been photoshopped. I just thought it was funny. I think as much Lego is bought and assembled by adults and is for children.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

It's not a real Lego box... it's just been photoshopped. I just thought it was funny. I think as much Lego is bought and assembled by adults and is for children.
                    LOL, fooled me, I was wondering a little about Lego doing this, but hey , its cute and I think we all can use a laugh / smile

Comment

Happy Vernal Equinox!

Today has been a beautiful sunny and pleasantly warm day. I got up early and took advantage of the special Senior’s hours at the grocery store. They were well stocked on most things and I just got items that I needed for meals for the next couple of weeks. I was masked and gloved when I went in and they had people at the door offering those items to people coming in. After I got home I Swiffered the floors and then we went out and sat in the backyard for an hour or so with Abby.

I’m going to reheat part of the spaghetti and meat sauce and make some garlic bread.

Comment

I went to my grocery store for ground beef, nothing to be had. Went to Walmart, and they had some ground beef, I took the last one. Limit was one per customer, one per meat, you either chose beef, pork or
                        chicken, not one each , just ONE. what is going to be next?

Comment

I was able to buy 3 lbs of ground beef, could have gotten more if I wanted to. There were no limits on a fairly well stocked meat counter. There was a limit on eggs, 2 dozen max, and a limit on some but not all canned goods. There was no flour or dried beans at all but I wasn’t looking for those. We have 3 really nice markets in our small town and they’ve all been pretty well stocked.

Comment

Working...
                          X