Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 20th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a sunny morning with the high of 67 and the low of 27 windy weather predicted. It is so balmy out right now it is just beautiful.

I got so involved in making French toast and freezing it I for I did not post on here. I had half a loaf that was nearing the end of it's time so decided that was the way I should go with it. I have a friend with chickens and plenty of canned milk so I was all set. DGS loves it so he was happy smelling it cooking and of course had some for breakfast.

I have pork chops thawing, mashed potatoes, gravy and the last of the broccoli I will steam for tonight.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Rainy, dreary day here. I'm making breaded pork tenderloin, the rest of the potato cakes and broccoli for dinner tonite along with a tossed salad.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I braved the supermarket today and happened to be there when a pallet of toilet paper came out of the back storage area. It made me sick how people pounced on it like wild animals on prey. The limit was one pack of 8. I didn't take any... didn't need it. I suspect that with so many empty shelves in the store the staff were told to put everything they had out the back onto the shelves. I wanted to try the Beerenberg Mango Chutney so I bought a jar for $5. When I arrived home and went to put it away I noticed it was very dusty on top of the jar. It was Best Before 15th July, 2018! I'll have to take it back tomorrow.

I didn't photograph my dinner tonight because it was just a pile of watermelon. It was very good. Will be cooking a chicken hot pot tomorrow and a few other things. Wish I had some pasta... guess I'll have to make it myself.

https://www.beerenberg.com.au/uploads/gallery/2019/03/21/vPWB3FpT511W7sB6dGTM-view.jpg
      I find it easier to organise chores into categories...
      things I won't do now; things I won't do later and things I will never do.

Comment

All our grocery stores have limit on just about everything, including canned goods. you should have taken the TP, you may need it in the future, depending on how long this is going to go on.
        Right now it seems there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

I went to the grocery this morning around 9:30. This is the same store I was at on St. Patrick's Day. The shelves were noticeably more bare. Got most of the stuff on my list including #3 package of fresh ground beef. There were only about five packages in the cooler. Perhaps more will come out later. No signs that said there was a limit. One thing for sure, when the stores finally get stocked up again, everything will be fresher since there was a turnover of products. As for Chayote - too bad she has to battle the store again with outdated products.

Comment

I am so thankful I ordered a case of toilet paper last month, its how I always buy it so I have 80 rolls stashed in every cupboard. I was flipping through my vintage cookbooks and found an interesting recipe. Egg noodles, chicken, Velveeta, cream of mushroom, onion soup mix and chicken stock. I had a green pepper and a pack of mushrooms to use up so I sauteed them and tossed them in as well. I was just looking for something to use up my left over chicken since it really seems like we should be less wasteful at this point. Its in the oven now and smells so good. I saw a few interesting recipes in the book. One is a crown roast made from hot dogs, might give it a shot lol.

Comment

muzette7: that recipe does sound good!
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It’s another gorgeous day in the PNW today. It’s been really quiet around the area, but I have heard several lawnmowers out and busy, including ours. Ken got the front yard all mowed this afternoon. We’re kind of thinking about a road trip tomorrow or Sunday to do more sightseeing while traffic is light. We’ll take the dog, pack a lunch and snacks and generally avoid people and bring masks and gloves. We shall see.

I’m making cheeseburgers with sautéed mushrooms (got to use them up!) and I made a Waldorf salad this morning to go with them.

Comment

Working...
                X