Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 21st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is colder today with a big difference in the temperature. The high of 33 and the low of 23.

I have some leftover beef and noodles that will be dinner along with some Cole slaw as I have cabbage that needs used up.

What will you be having tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I have no stinking clue. Its cock tail night so I need to keep it light today. Down 30 lbs so far woot! I have left over pulled pork and chicken so I was thinking Brunswick stew but I am not sure if we would like it. Might just turn it into a pot of taco soup.

Comment

We had a quiet day just hanging around the house. I'm catching up on laundry and doing some extra cooking to make the evenings a bit easier. Gordon managed to give himself food poisoning this week. Poor guy has very little sense of smell... when Lucy farts right next to him, he doesn't smell it at all while John and I are turning green! Anyway, he had some raw chicken that he thawed out and then decided not to eat it that night. It stayed in the fridge for another four days and then he cooked it. He needs his dear wife more than ever now.

We had crumbed lamb cutlets for dinner tonight. There are no peas to buy anywhere so it's lucky we have beans growing. The beans I cooked tonight were from Gordon's garden as was the cucumber but the tomatoes are from my garden. They're very close to finishing.

https://i.imgur.com/Uf36wuA.jpg
      I find it easier to organise chores into categories...
      things I won't do now; things I won't do later and things I will never do.

Comment

Bright chilly day, I walked our loop 4 times this aft, grateful for the vit D and fresh air. Tough to have to stay indoors, hopefully it won't be too long before things start to right themselves.
        I cooked 2 p tendys yesterday, so we will have more of that for dinner tonite along with rice and carrots, more tossed salad.
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

The day started out looking like rain but it cleared off nicely about noon. We’ve just been kicking around at home taking it easy all day. I woke up with a migraine and took my Imitrex for it, but it gives me body aches afterwards. We sat out in the sun in the backyard again this afternoon. All our trees are budding and sprouting leaves now, it’s so pretty. It’s fascinating to us to watch the seasons changing up here, it was all pretty much one season in CA.

We’re having the rest of the pork loin roast and I’m going to bake some Yukon Gold potatoes and sauté some zucchini and tomatoes.

Comment

Working...
          X