Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 24th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a cloudy morning with rain in the forecast with the high of 55 and the low of 32.

I pulled a turkey from the freezer and have had it thawing in the fridge and today is the day it will be the star attraction for dinner. I had some bread in the freezer as I always freeze the heels when the loaf is done and use them for breadcrumbs, dressing and whatever I think of. Dinner will be the turkey, dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry relish, French cut green beans with silvered almonds and onion and the pumpkin pie I baked last night. DGS is home today and said he will help with the meal and then he can learn how you make a turkey, carve and most of all eat the turkey leg cave man style. It will be a good smelling, fun and bonding day.

What will you be having tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Another day of isolation. I'm not complaining... it's better than being dead. So many people arguing about the shut-downs in Australia. In my mind I'm telling them to suck it up and do what the government is telling us to do, and that's to stay home.

Anyway, dinner. I picked some more purple beans and tomatoes today and they will be part of tomorrow's dinner. Tonight John had chicken hotpot and mashed potato that I cooked in the slow cooker. Gordon (yes, I'm caring for him now too) and I had some pasta mixed with tuna, catalina dressing, cucumber, snow peas, yellow squash and spring onion. I've made it before and like it very much. Usually I would finely dice some red capsicum through it but didn't have any.

https://i.imgur.com/LV0qvHg.jpg
    I find it easier to organise chores into categories...
    things I won't do now; things I won't do later and things I will never do.

Comment

I have the crokpot stuffed with braciole, will serve it over orzo tonight. I really wanted to make rouladen but I am not sure hubs would like it.

Comment

How is life going with you retired now? Miss your old job?!!!

Comment

OMG I had the most wonderfully unproductive day today!!!!

Comment

It was raining this morning but it cleared up for awhile, but might start again. We’re still sheltering in place, at least our view is much nicer than when we lived in So Cal. I decided to wait until tomorrow to do any grocery shopping, maybe see if I can get anything on sale. I just hope I can find mayonnaise and peanut butter tomorrow.

I’m trying out a recipe from the latest Cook’s Country Magazine for chicken croquettes. I’ve never made them before so it should be interesting. We’ll be having Caesar salad with them.

Comment

Somehow I really doubt that any grocery store has anything on sale, what little they have on their shelves LOL

Comment

Aren't those types of days just great? I see Giant Eagle has Eye of Round on sale and I think Top Round but not sure. Anyhow, it made me think of you. Have a great day tomorrow and enjoy!!!

Comment

Working...
                X