Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 25th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be a cloudy day with rain and the high of 52 and the low of 45.

DGS was in a turkey comma last night after eating what he declared was the "Best turkey I have eaten in my life." He was so proud that I gave him the basics of how it should be done and he took it from there and did a fantastic job. He kept saying how moist it was and the flavor was so good. He is right, it turned out great as did the dressing he made. Leftovers abound and I will package and freeze broth and turkey for future meals.

Tonight we will have the dressing with turkey mixed in with some gravy and some of the green beans and cranberry relish.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We started our day with a bit of work in the garage, sorting out half-used bottles of cleaning products that were stored out there. Normally I would have tossed the lot into the bin but now that products are more difficult to find in supermarkets, I was more inclined to bring them inside and use them up in day to day cleaning. After that we did some pruning in the gardens, picked another handful of beans and a few tomatoes and then came inside for coffee with Gordon.

Received my delivery from Woolworths and the only product they couldn't supply was a packet of flour. I've never been so happy to see a 1kg bag of frozen peas! John is enjoy his dinner tomorrow night because his favourite vegetable was finally available.

I see on the news that another Royal has come down with coronavirus, this time Prince Charles. I dearly hope he hasn't passed it on to his parents...

Our dinner tonight was BBQ sausages, caramelised onions and breadroll (it looks like I had 4 sausages but it's only two that I cut in half lengthways). For dessert we had watermelon.

https://i.imgur.com/8CvUXDk.jpg

I find it easier to organise chores into categories...
    things I won't do now; things I won't do later and things I will never do.

Comment

Looks good Chayote, makes me want to have lunch. Good to hear that you got your groceries as ordered. John must really like peas, he sure eats them a lot.

Comment

Making a big mac salad for dinner.

Comment

Chicken with Shake n Bake BBQ glaze, herb & butter noodles and peas.....we eat a lot of peas too, love them
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Chayote - I have been missing for a few days as I recover from intestinal flu - hit me hard but no coughing or trouble breathing. Still not 100% and no appetite but your sausage dinner could be an exception. I love peas too but when I serve them as a side, many times I cream them.

Everyone stay well.

Comment

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well , Vera, take care of yourself. Check your temp. I do every day.

Comment

Take care of yourself Vera! It started out with light rain but it turned bright and sunny the rest of the day. I went to QFC and Grocery Outlet this morning and had no problem getting everything we needed with no problem. No lines, no crowds, no limits.

I found fresh tortillas this morning! I sweet talked Ken into making tacos for dinner. I do most of the prep but he does the actual cooking. I baked a pumpkin pie as a reward for hm.

Comment

Working...
                X