Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 26th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The sky cleared yesterday and left puffy white clouds and sun so warm feeling that I sat out on the porch and crocheted and read for about three hours. Birds were chirping and I saw several blue jays and cardinals. Just beautiful. Today is starting out with a sky full of sunshine but rain is predicted later with the high of 62 and the low of 44.

I have pulled some goulash from the freezer and will have that along with applesauce I also pulled and garlic bread.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Another day of the same four walls but I'm not complaining... we are safe. All we've done today is fold up some clean laundry to put away, had some coffee with Gordon, made up John's tablets for the next three weeks and now I'm watching a Nanny McPhee movie on TV.

Dinner was from the fridge... I heated some chicken hotpot and mashed potato for John; I had the same pasta salad I had a couple of nights ago and there's still one serve left for lunch tomorrow.

I did some shopping online... seeds for our Winter vegetables and some for our Summer vegetables just in case we are still locked down in five months time when they need to be planted. Also ordered some of our medicines for delivery. Hey, at least we aren't using any petrol in the car.

https://i.imgur.com/uOZOESf.jpg
    I find it easier to organise chores into categories...
    things I won't do now; things I won't do later and things I will never do.

Comment

No stinking clue. I have some chicken to use up though.

Comment

I had been wanting to make a roast beef dinner or a beef stew, but no luck for either in my grocery store. I decided to make *stewed hamburger*, something our Mom used to make back when we were little. We will have it over mashed potatoes.
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Ok, now I have the need that I should know how you make it please? Thank you!!!

If you were closer I would pull a roast from my freezer and donate for the cause!!

Comment

Okay here ya go.....this is basic. I've tweaked it at times depending on what I had on hand, and I'm sure my Mom did too.

brown ground beef with onion, celery small amount of bell pepper, garlic or garlic pwd, drain grease
            add in chopped carrots, water, beef bouillon, bay leaf, squirt of ketchup or tomato paste, my Mom always shook in some W sauce and soy sauce too, S&P adjust or omit any seasonings etc you do not like.
            add more water if needed, also you can thicken or just serve au jus, serve over mashed potatoes or buttered elbow noodles
            def comfort food
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Thanks Mudder, that sounds good and is certainly easy enough. It is a good way for making the meat go further then say a meatloaf. Your Mom could cook and has passed that onto you.

Have a good day my Friend!!!

Comment

It’s been a completely unproductive day today. Slept late and haven’t done anything but read and play on FB. Oh well! The most exciting thing was getting our dog food delivery from Amazon.

I need to clear some room in the fridge so I’m going to fry up some leftover brown rice, taco meat, ground turkey, green onions and cole slaw mix and add sesame oil and soy sauce and make kind of like egg roll in a bowl fried rice. No recipe, just kind of throwing it together. It’ll either be really good or I’ll end up at the Taco Time drive thru!

Comment

Charlene, I make egg roll in a bowl all the time, add a bit oyster sauce if you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
                    Charlene, I make egg roll in a bowl all the time, add a bit oyster sauce if you have it.
                    I can’t use oyster sauce, Ken has a shellfish allergy. I used part of your recipe and part fried rice recipe, it came out great!

Comment

I have a vegetarian oyster sauce, no clue whats in it though since all the writing is in Chinese.

Comment

Working...
                      X