Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 27th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a dark rainy morning here with the high of 84 and the low of 68.

I am making a chicken and rice casserole loaded with veggies, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers and a fruit salad.

What will be your meal this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I was expecting visitors on Monday for dinner but now they can't come over so we are eating the food I had bought. Tonight was chicken wings with buttered bread. For dessert John had a banana with icecream; I had an apple and two pears.

Boring day other than dinner.
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Another hot day, rain expected. I'm feeling rather lazy today and don't want to cook much. Bought some Costco hot dogs which I just love. Will BBQ them and have some corn on the cob. DS is going to clean the BBQ this aft, have not done it yet this season. Not sure if I shared this story here before or not - fancy brand new Broil King BBQ was mysteriously delivered to our house a few years back. We still have no idea who bought it for us!
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

We slept in this morning. We had planned to go to Columbus to go to IKEA. Got lazy and that did not happen. Made it to downtown Cleveland to this Italian place in the ghetto that I used to go to when I worked there. They have the best eggplant sandwich ever. Hubs got an Italian sandwich and we got a pizza for later tonight. Also got a bottle of Limoncello. Now I am going to laze around and watch tv.

Comment

It’s cool and cloudy with rain expected at some point. We got out and got the grass in the front yard cut and got some of the worst of the weeds pulled before it starts to rain. I’m going to have to make a doctor’s appointment soon or go to urgent care tomorrow, seems I’ve got a blocked salivary or parotid gland again. I had this once before, in August 2012, and it’s painful and the left side of my face is starting to swell. Leave it to me to come up with some of the most ridiculous ailments!

We’re going to get take out from Moose Creek BBQ in Marysville/Smoky Point tonight. Pulled pork for Ken, smoked brisket for me and lots of their potato salad. Yum!

Comment

I had a large salad for dinner and a small slice of banana bread.

Comment

Working...
            X