Really Bizarre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Bizarre

I got an email from a good friend that her sister, in Ohio, was doing some yard work in her back yard. Her sister just moved to her current house last year. She wanted to pull weeds and freshen the mulch. She was digging by a bush when she hit something hard. Thinking she hit a rock she starting digging it out and lo and behold it was a pistol!!! She immediately called the police. When they came they retrieved the gun and it was fully loaded. Holy mackerel. Not sure if she will find out what the story is on the gun. Perhaps the people that sold her the house last year will be contacted. I told my friend - too bad her sister didn't find a suitcase full of $$ - lol. This is one of the more bizarre things I have heard in a long time.

Wow, that is a scary story. Makes you wonder who put the pistol there and why ?? Keep us posted on this story Vera , if you can.

Comment

That is very strange and a bit scary. Makes your wonder about the history f the gun.

Comment

That's scary, Vera... if the pistol wasn't used in a crime, why would someone have buried it in the garden?

Funny story... John's grandmother used to take in boarders apparently to help pay the bills. She had quite a few people staying in her home which admittedly was a big house with 6 bedrooms. When John went to visit her as a child he would ask where one of the boarders went and she would tell him that he suddenly got a job in another town and left. It seemed that they always left for work reasons and quickly the room had a new boarder. We have often wondered what would happen if the old house was pulled down and the yard dug up to build units or whatever... our bet is that the builders will find the bones of the men who supposedly left for work reasons. If they do, nothing will happen... she's been dead for almost 40 years.
        I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

My father was crazy and is spending his life in prison, good riddance. One day the police had said he possibly buried a gun on the property, I bought the house from my mom, and wanted to know if they could come dig. They never did find anything but I did some ugly shrubs ripped out for free. Keep in mind from prison he sued the state saying he needed to be let out because he was really Santa and had to deliver gifts to children. I am sure the firearm she found was buried for a reason.

Comment

I will talk to my friend in a few days and find out if there is an update on her sister and her find. I saw a picture of it and it didn't look like it was from the olden days. But to have it loaded to me is just off the charts.

Comment

I’m so glad the gun didn’t go off while she was digging. That could have been a tragedy.

Comment

Maybe she should get a metal detector and scan the property
                There should be a money detector.

Comment

Just a quick update on my original post above. My friend's sister did not hear anything back from the police. She doubts the lady she bought her house from last year had anything to do with the buried and loaded gun. she was a single mother with three daughters. Who knows how long it was under that bush. The gun will apparently be destroyed by the statement the police made when they picked up the gun. It was still a shocking discovery. Guess that is the end of that.

Comment

The police couldn't trace the pistol ?
                    All firearms have serial numbers .

Comment

Sabine - If they did trace the number, they didn't get back to my friend's sister so she will never know for now.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the police didn't want to be bothered with tracing and investigating , just a thought on my part.

Comment

That could be true, Sabine.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                            Sabine - If they did trace the number, they didn't get back to my friend's sister so she will never know for now.
                            I wonder if your friends sister lives in a small community and the police force doesn't have the resources to do tracing ?

Comment

Working...
                            X