Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 29th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a sunny morning with high of 85 and the low of 67.

I will put the tuna fish salad into a salad with fresh veggies and have some fruit tonight.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I live in the state of Victoria and coronavirus is getting worse by the hour and the largest breakout in the whole of the country. The Army has sent medical people and others to man the border control. The rules are that no-one comes into Victoria, no-one leaves. These are the scariest times I can ever remember...

Didn't do very much today. I cooked dinner and baked our bread. That was the extent of my day.

Dinner: John had roast pork that I cooked on the BBQ yesterday with potato, peas and gravy. I had pumpkin soup with a thick slice of bread and dessert was a juicy pear.
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Chayote - That is indeed scary. No movement at all between other areas of your country. I hope this nightmare for you is over soon.

We lost our power this morning at 6 am and now 7 1/2 hours later it still isn't back on. My husband went out to find the power company trucks about a mile away but no one was in them. It is a localize power outage. Our stand by generator is running automatically but it doesn't power everything such as the AC but it does power the ceiling fans. I expected to lose power last night when a powerful storm can through but we didn't. This morning was bright and sunny and then boom - out.

Not sure if I will be in the mood to put some sort of dinner together. Most of the power in the kitchen is off except one outlet but of course the refrigerator in on generator. I made my husband an omelet for lunch as I can easily light the gas cooktop. May run out and pick something up to bring back home for dinner but it is 8 miles one way just to a small sandwich shop - we shall see.

Comment

OH my goodness Vera,, 7 1/2 hours without electric power, that is not good. At least you have a generator to keep your refrigerator running, nightmare situation.
        Our temp is supposed to up to 95 plus, and with the high humidity it will be a heat index of 102 or so. Of course no rain. Hurricane Hanna didn't bring us any rain at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
          I live in the state of Victoria and coronavirus is getting worse by the hour and the largest breakout in the whole of the country. The Army has sent medical people and others to man the border control. The rules are that no-one comes into Victoria, no-one leaves. These are the scariest times I can ever remember...

Didn't do very much today. I cooked dinner and baked our bread. That was the extent of my day.

Dinner: John had roast pork that I cooked on the BBQ yesterday with potato, peas and gravy. I had pumpkin soup with a thick slice of bread and dessert was a juicy pear.
          Wish they would do that to our whole state! We were one of the first to open up. Within hours, we were run over with out of staters. I can drive home from work at night and not see ONE Idaho license plate. It's ridiculous!

Comment

Today had been a picture perfect day, sunny, breezy and very comfortable temperatures. We did some front yard mowing, hedge trimming and weed pulling this morning. We are plagued with dandelions in our lawns, not just us, they’re rampant in the whole neighborhood. We’ve tried Weed&Feed but they are some tough customers! Grrrr. We just filled out our Primary Election ballots, I’ll drop them off at the secure deposit box tomorrow.

We’re going to have the rest of the braised chicken with mushrooms and tomatoes along with some cheesy polenta and a green salad.

Comment

wow! I guess I've had my blinders on...had no idea it covid was so bad in Australia! Our numbers are going down here in our province of Ontario Canada, but slightly. I say it is still too early for opening up to the next phases. Up here where I live, we have a lot of city people coming up to their summer homes, and I sure hope that they do quarentine once here. So far, so good...but we expect covid cases to be on the rise soon, and be back down to lockdown by September October. Ugh.
              We hung out at lake today, with our 'bubble' of friends/family. Leftovers for dinner.
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
              X