Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 31st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a cloudless sunny sky with the high of 80 and the low of 62. Now this weather is perfect as far as I am concerned.

I picked some lovely big tomatoes this morning so BLT's it will be tonight on some homemade bread I have rising as I type. I have cut up strawberries for putting over angel food cake I baked last night.

What will be your culinary delight tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I had a constructive day... baked TWO loaves of bread, one for Gordon and one for us. He purchased a 5kg bag of baker's flour so he's covered for nine loaves. He also purchased a tin of yeast which was just as well because I've used half of the tin I bought only 10 days ago.

Tiff phoned and asked if I needed anything at Aldi which I did... butter. They always had the 500g tub for $3.65 but they now have a 1kg tub for $3.99! I now have four in the fridge.

We had crumbed flathead for dinner with some airfryer chips. John had peas and I had lettuce, onion and avocado. I need to get the youfoodz meals out of the freezer. I won't order more for a while... I told John that I'm no longer on strike as a cook...

Learned a new trick for proving the bread dough on a cold day... it worked a treat! Never thought of using the microwave...
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

I think I might fix Diablo Chicken for my dinner this evening. Cooking for one is not very inspiring. Diablo Chicken is a chicken breast stuffed with a jalapeno and cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. My son cooks them on his grill. I am going to give it a try in the oven.

Comment

I am having cocktails tonight hehehehe.

Comment

Wow, July is gone! I had a memory pop up on FB this morning for signing the sale contract with my sister for the house in Hawthorne. This year has flown by. It’s warm here again today, but not unbearable. I did some pre-dinner prep and some dusting and vacuuming a bit ago. My grandson Joshua should be arriving shortly, he’s got a show in Redmond tomorrow and he wanted to spend some time with us today. He’s finally able to eat real food again after the throat surgery and radiation. We’re looking forward to seeing him!

I’m going to make baked fish with tomatoes and olives and I made a marinated zucchini salad/side dish to go with it. I’m going to make some ready to heat brown rice and quinoa to go with it, I don’t want to turn the oven on for an hour to make brown rice. The fish only takes 20 minutes. We’ll have some ice cream and strawberries for dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
            I am having cocktails tonight hehehehe.
            We did too! BBQ'd some jumbo doggies. Cheers!
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
            X