Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast at the moment with the high of 57 and the low of 44. I am grateful that my furnace is up and running as the temperature have dropped into the cooler range.

I found hamburger on sale for $1.99 a pound for 80/20 so will be frying up about 4 pounds today with onion and garlic in it for packing individual bags for future uses. Will make meatloaves and freeze and sloppy joe mixture and freeze. Applesauce is already in the making and the house is smelling good. I have been thinking of Mudder this morning in that we could have a good time in our "happy place" and talking up a storm.

Dinner will be whatever DGS wants that is ready and not in the freezer yet. He will probably pan fry hamburgers for both of us and that is fine with me.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

What an eventful news day for you all. I wish Mr and Mrs Trump better health and a complete recovery, especially considering your President's age. We've heard the news about them all day.

We had youfoodz for dinner tonight... John had pork and three veg; I had country chicken and pumpkin mash. I sent them an email to say that I'm not ordering from them again unless they peel the pumpkin. It's not pleasant to have peel throughout the mash.

I ordered our (mine and Gordon's) vegetables plants for this year. The gardens are ready to be planted. I'll mostly be growing tomatoes, beans, pumpkins and lavendar (to help the trees with polination). Nurseries are not open to choose the plants ourselves so I hope the staff select good ones for us.

We had a warm day... 26C and it's still 22 and blowing a gale. John and I have been outside checking on the big trees.
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

I am getting KFC and planting my rear end on the sofa watching tik tok all day, just feeling lazy. One of the boys on our street is missing and police are all over the place. The kid is 9, hopefully he just ran away or is at a friends house. I did go check my shed and both the neighbors sheds. They have a bunch of Yorkies and Chihuahuas that run loose in the neighborhood. Its actually kind of cute to see them tearing around, but everyday the dogs walk down the street to wait for the kids to get off the bus. Thats why the kid sticks out in my mind. The dad was in the front yard hysterical sobbing. I am really praying this turns out well.

Comment

I will join you in the prayer department muz.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It started out foggy this morning but it has cleared up nicely. We had our quarterly pest service today, they do a thorough inspection for spider nests and webs, wasps, flea and tick abatement and check for miles and rats. They do a good job, we’ve never had one flea or tick on Abby since we’ve lived here and the miles we had in the yard when we first moved in are nowhere to be found. It’s all good!

I’m going to make chicken Caesar salad wraps in flour tortillas for dinner. I think we’ll have some peaches on the side. There was a place in Torrance CA that made the best Caesar wraps, we used to order delivery from them when I worked at Hoodman. I just wish I had some of the lentil soup I’d order there too. Oh well, cold weather coming, I need to make some one of these days.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chayote;n749009]What an eventful news day for you all. I wish Mr and Mrs Trump better health and a complete recovery, especially considering your President's age. We've heard the news about them all day."

I guess this is the October surprise that so many people have talked about. He was just taken to the hospital.

Comment

Working...
            X