Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 4th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is dark and overcast with the high of 60 and the low of 46.

I am taking the easy way out for dinner tonight and having grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, tomato soup and fruit salad.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Today was the first day of Daylight Savings and I hate it already. I've never been a fan of messing with the hours of a day. I remember when it first came in and my mother-in-law (God rest her soul) decided that it was a plot by retailers that the "extra" hour of daylight would fade the carpet and curtains quicker. Just in case she kept the blinds down to keep it out...

Gordon picked our plants up from the nursery today... now anxiously waiting for everything to grow. It rained tonight so that will help. We should start harvesting in 6-8 weeks.

Not much else happening. It was a very uneventful day.

Dinner: I had brie cheese and biscuits; John had pork spareribs and peas.

Entertainment: watching three episodes in a row of CSI Miami
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Today everything is going wrong ugh. I got up at 4 am to put a brisket on the smoker and singed my hair, oopsie. Well the brisket just got done and I was planning on it being done around 2. Not a huge deal but one end is a bit burnt. So I was going to make green bean casserole, but I am out of cream of anything soup, so plain green beans it is. I made a dump cake, never did one before. OMG it looks like someone had bloody dirrhea in a pan. I used a can of cherry pie filling, frozen blackberries, a block of cream cheese, then the cake mix and butter. It just looks so gross, but it is tasty. I might put chocolate curls on it to hide its ugly. Making mac and cheese today as well, wondering how bd I am gonna screw that up.

Comment

I fell your pain muz as I had a day like that last week and finally just sat on the porch and stared at the trees for about and hour and half until the neighbor kids saw me and they pulled my world back into the realm of reason and sanity. The 7 year old told me that she holds me in the middle of her heart and humbled me beyond words. The world was even better when the boy told me as he was leaving that I made him see sunshine when he comes over and he can tell me his secrets.

I hope your day goes better and that you can see some sunshine on this overcast day.

Comment

Turns out the roast was far more burnt than I thought. I tossed everything, cancelled dinner and hubs and I are going out.

Comment

Enjoy your time out together. Good move by the way.

Comment

" I used a can of cherry pie filling, frozen blackberries, a block of cream cheese, then the cake mix and butter. It just looks so gross, but it is tasty. I might put chocolate curls on it to hide its ugly. Making mac and cheese today as well, wondering how bd I am gonna screw that up."

The recipe that I have for dump cake is just the canned fruit, ( not frozen ) cake mix and butter. No cream cheese at all. Maybe that was the problem ??

I have to correct my recipe. I am just going through old recipes, deciding what to throw out and came across the dump cake recipe
              3 large eggs
              1 box cake mix ( any flavor )
              1 can pie filling
              mix the ingredients and put into a 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
              I usually used yellow cake mix and apple filling or cherry filling.
              Last edited by Sabine; 10-04-2020, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I saw a recipe that said you could use frozen fruit. It just came out gooey like it wouldnt cook through. I mean it tasted good and would be great with ice cream, or if your 6 then call it Dracula's blood. I just scrapped everything, we got Subway and I took a nap. I am still mad at myself but oh well.

Comment

It’s a cool and cloudy day today, I think the high was about 65. We’re just doing busy work around the house, nothing of any urgency. I talked to my oldest son this morning, he’s 52 years old today. I’ve often said my age doesn’t bother me, it’s the kid’s ages that blow my mind! Yikes!

I’m making a chicken, rice and Parmesan cheese dish for dinner, and we’ll have some peaches with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X